Best Site To Buy Plants

1. wrs2

wrs2 Member Member

What websites do you all use to buy plants? My LFS sucks and that leaves just Petco and petsmart which also suck with plants! I see a lot of plant websites but I don't know which ones are good. I also don’t want to spend a lot in shipping! Anything over 10 is too much IMO!

I just want basic beginner plants that are fine in low light and don’t need. CO2!
    Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

2. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

trinsfish.com is a good source. I've also used aquaticarts.com, liquidcreations, aquariumplants.com, and even ebay. you can also check the BSTF section of the forum. I've gotten a lot of plants, and fish, from there.

3. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

4. ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams Member Member

I ordered a beginner pack from buceplant.com, I also have heard Amazon is a good place and I ordered Dragon stone and other supplies from aquariumplants.com

5. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

I have also ordered from Hansaquatics. I've ordered from so many places I can't remember them all.

6. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

As mentioned "Trinsfish" (Quality and Quantity never been disappointed)
    and the "BTSF" thread here:
    Buy, Sell, Trade, Free
    (Don't tell anyone but I may be offering some very soon)
    Good Luck!

7. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

plantedaquariumscentral.com

got them in two days. Twice now. Plants were packaged very well. Good prices. And so far my plants are thriving

8. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

When I purchased from Trinsfish, I found the experience to be “meh”. The plant I ordered had several dead leaves, which could possibly be from shipping, but overall the quality was just a bit underwhelming. I also purchased shrimp and one of the ones they sent me was ridiculously small and way under the size they promise to send. Kind of iffy if I’d purchase from them again.
    I’ve ordered plants from planted aquariums central however and they were really great. Good quality and if I remember correctly, fast shipping. I’d reccomend them over trinsfish from my experiences.

9. alauruin

alauruin Member Member

Do you use Aquabid.com? I've only ever purchased plants from there, as I find that buying from the 'little guys' adds a personal touch and better quality plants. A lot of sellers do free shipping deals that end up giving you super reasonable prices.

Keep in mind we're also going into a time of year when it gets harder to ship plants--my most recent batch, from a very respectable seller, struggled a lot as it suddenly hit 90 degrees for multiple days while they were in transit. That's hard to overcome for even the best, most careful sellers.

10. OP
    OP
    wrs2

wrs2 Member Member

Thanks all for the suggestions!
    I will look into all of the sites tonight and see what I can get!
    :)

11. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Buceplant, Han Aquatics, Glass Aqua are all great and you'll be able to find some less common plants as well.