Best siphon for sand

Corzz79
Hey all,

ive recently just changed to sand instead of gravel. I know it’s harder to clean than gravel but can someone point me in the direction for a good siphon for sand?
Preferably stock in Australia.

thanks all

Betta'sAnonymous
Whatever kind of vac you have should probably work fine. Just remember not to bury it in the substrate and suck up all that sand!

philly27
in my experience, gravel has more nooks and cranny's for fish waste and un-eaten food to fall into. with sand i like to take a chop stick and disrupt the sand then i immediately do a water change. with sand it will all be on the top portion so you can put the vac paper thin to the sand and it will pickup most of the yucky waste. i personally like disrupting the sand and following with a WC.

Betta'sAnonymous
philly27 said:
in my experience, gravel has more nooks and cranny's for fish waste and un-eaten food to fall into. with sand i like to take a chop stick and disrupt the sand then i immediately do a water change. with sand it will all be on the top portion so you can put the vac paper thin to the sand and it will pickup most of the yucky waste. i personally like disrupting the sand and following with a WC.
Also helps gas pockets from getting so big, too

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom