Best Sinking Wafers?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Igor95, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Igor95

Igor95 Well Known Member Member

Was about to buy some Hikari sinking wafers for my kuhli's and put them back. What's the best brand nutrition and ingredient wise for wafers?

2. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

I just bought New Life Spectrum Thera+A sinking pellets for my Kuhlis. It seemed to be the best I could find, I don't buy anything with preservatives like BHT/Ethoxiquin.

3. Zahc

Zahc Well Known Member Member

I personally use Hikari sinking wafers, algae wafers, and carnivore pellets, I think there great. My plecos really seem to enjoy them as a staple.

As for the best brand, well i'm not certain. Really though, a lot of the good quality brands are quite similar ingredient wise.

4. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

There is a seller on Amazon selling veggie wafers that I buy off of. My cichlids go absolutely NUTS eating them!

5. OP
    OP
    Igor95

Igor95 Well Known Member Member

@Piaelliott these are baby kuhli's and they cant fit even the 0.5mm pellet in their mouth yet. I have the NLS thera+ for my barbs, but these guys are too small to eat it. The barbs love it though

6. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

Mine are baby Kuhlis too. They just nibble on it like they do on the algae wafers for my pleco.
    Mine eat everything they can find. I also feed baby brine shrimp frozen, NLS Grow, bloodworm frozen, cichlid pellets. They seem to eat everything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice