Best Rainbows For A Cichlid Tank?

Dexter84

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi, So I got a 125 gallon tank with a Blood parrot, green terror, chocolate cichlid and 3 clown loaches. All are juveniles.

Would like to a have some schooling fish with them. I heard that some tetras work but I really like rainbows. Boesmanis was my first fish and their personality was great and their are so quick so they should be good tank mates right?

But I would like some diffrent colour, read about Neon rainbows how are they diffrent from like boesmanI in behavior? Also can I mix a school of boesmanI and blue rainbows?

SeanyBaggs123

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I can't speak from experience, but I have a love for rainbows too, and I have checked out multiple LFS here in Northeastern Ohio. All say that the different rainbows will school together. Personally, I like the Axelrodi, Lake Kutubu, and Turquoise Rainbows the best!

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dexter84 said:
Hi, So I got a 125 gallon tank with a Blood parrot, green terror, chocolate cichlid and 3 clown loaches. All are juveniles.

Would like to a have some schooling fish with them. I heard that some tetras work but I really like rainbows. Boesmanis was my first fish and their personality was great and their are so quick so they should be good tank mates right?

But I would like some diffrent colour, read about Neon rainbows how are they diffrent from like boesmanI in behavior? Also can I mix a school of boesmanI and blue rainbows?
I recently stocked my new 125 with 20 cichlids and a dozen Redfin and Red Laser Rainbows and now that they're getting bigger, they're schooling and look fabulous!

New Threads