Best Priced Aquariums???

Dbo487
So I have a 75 gallon I purchased from petsmart for $250 and I was thinking of upgrading to the 125 for $500 but then I thought why not just do 160 or 180?! I have orandas and I know they need space so I wanted to do this by the end of the year. Anyone know really good websites besides ebay to get a decently priced aquarium with a stand at that size for under $1000?? Any input would be great! I love fishtanks direct but definitely out of my price range right now. I don't mind used if its really good condition but prefer new of course.

PhillyKev
So I have a 75 gallon I purchased from petsmart for $250 and I was thinking of upgrading to the 125 for $500 but then I thought why not just do 160 or 180?! I have orandas and I know they need space so I wanted to do this by the end of the year. Anyone know really good websites besides ebay to get a decently priced aquarium with a stand at that size for under $1000?? Any input would be great! I love fishtanks direct but definitely out of my price range right now. I don't mind used if its really good condition but prefer new of course.

I gotta say, I shopped hard online to find a deal on a tank. Didn't find many. Seemed that the chains (petsmart, petco, etc.) are the only place for a deal. Although, my LFS had some decently priced too. I prefer buying locally anyway, but I was comparison shopping and couldn't find anything cheap online. Curious to see if anyone comes up with a suggestion!

Dbo487
I gotta say, I shopped hard online to find a deal on a tank. Didn't find many. Seemed that the chains (petsmart, petco, etc.) are the only place for a deal. Although, my LFS had some decently priced too. I prefer buying locally anyway, but I was comparison shopping and couldn't find anything cheap online. Curious to see if anyone comes up with a suggestion!
Yeah ive been looking for weeks, even if I can just get a good deal on a tank I was looking into building my own stand. I saw some how to videos on youtube that seem easy enough and can cut the price. When I say easy of course I mean my dad building it and I hand him the tools! lol

KirkyTurkey
I would spend some time looking used (Craigslist and OfferUp are my favorite, if you are in a more populated area).

I just got a beautiful 125 gallon with no scratches or rust, and perfect looking seals, included with a stand and canopy, for $200 delivered, and found many other huge tanks in not the best condition (as long as they hold water, just soak overnight with vinegar or something similar for quick and easy cleaning) for around $1 a gallon and usually deals when they get bigger.

If you aren't in a popular area, then I'm not much help, and best of luck!

Dbo487
I would spend some time looking used (Craigslist and OfferUp are my favorite, if you are in a more populated area).

I just got a beautiful 125 gallon with no scratches or rust, and perfect looking seals, included with a stand and canopy, for $200 delivered, and found many other huge tanks in not the best condition (as long as they hold water, just soak overnight with vinegar or something similar for quick and easy cleaning) for around $1 a gallon and usually deals when they get bigger.

If you aren't in a popular area, then I'm not much help, and best of luck!
Thanks I forgot about craigslist and never heard of the other so ill check it out! I think the areas around me would be better luck than the town I live in but I'm willing to travel a little if the right tank came along to make it worth it.

AquaticJ
I actually just downloaded Offerup yesterday and there are actually some decent deals on there. Used of course.

JLeeM
Is OfferUp an app or a website?

AquaticJ
An app!

Fashooga
You could also take a gander at Facebook Market. Lots of people post aquarium stuff on there all the time.

AquaticJ
Facebook is good for sure as well. On all of these websites/apps you’ll notice how many people don’t even know the gallons of their aquarium... it’s quite sad. Also, no sense of pricing, like this clown. I can get this all new for less than his price lol.

Attachments

• FF886FD8-F598-42C5-9195-E368E441E281.png
    FF886FD8-F598-42C5-9195-E368E441E281.png
    327.5 KB · Views: 68
JLeeM
Facebook is good for sure as well. On all of these websites/apps you’ll notice how many people don’t even know the gallons of their aquarium... it’s quite sad. Also, no sense of pricing, like this clown. I can get this all new for less than his price lol.
I see that ALL THE TIME on Craigslist in my area. People wanting $300 just for a 75 gallon tank....... Ridiculous.

Rtessy
There was a 5 gallon on Craigslist and they were asking $200 for it because there was a handful of red cherry shrimp and a teeny piece of driftwood in it

KirkyTurkey
Saw somebody the other day with a 150 african cichlid setup he wanted 3K for the whole thing. I asked him as respectfully as possible what was worth 3k in his tank because it looked like a regular nice cichlid tank and he listed off brand new prices for everything, including his $400 co2 setup for a tank with 1 marimo moss ball and some pothos rooted in the water....you get both ends of the spectrum on OfferUp

Mcasella
I picked up a 150 with everything (pretty much the petsmart kit) in TN for 200$, I have to reseal the tank is the only thing I have to do to get it usable. You can look for deals like that, where the tank only needs to be resealed, and get it for much cheaper. There was another that was sold before I contacted them that was 400$ (more expensive, but it had a ton of fish and items with it). Most people trying to sell a defective tank (not cracked just "leaking" from where seals damaged) generally are trying to get rid of it fairly cheap because they don't want to deal with it.
I went and picked it up and let me tell you I still have no idea how we (my sister and i) managed to pick up a 340lb aquarium by ourselves - it took 5 people to move it the second time (my sister switched out halfway to place for tank).

JLeeM
I picked up a 150 with everything (pretty much the petsmart kit) in TN for 200$, I have to reseal the tank is the only thing I have to do to get it usable. You can look for deals like that, where the tank only needs to be resealed, and get it for much cheaper. There was another that was sold before I contacted them that was 400$ (more expensive, but it had a ton of fish and items with it). Most people trying to sell a defective tank (not cracked just "leaking" from where seals damaged) generally are trying to get rid of it fairly cheap because they don't want to deal with it.
I went and picked it up and let me tell you I still have no idea how we (my sister and i) managed to pick up a 340lb aquarium by ourselves - it took 5 people to move it the second time (my sister switched out halfway to place for tank).
Weeeeell,......obviously you and your sister are both amazons.

Mcasella
Weeeeell,......obviously you and your sister are both amazons.
The fun part was it had rained the three days before that point and we had to take it down a hill, right at the truck my foot started sliding so I just squatted with it because we were right there at the back of the truck, we surprised the lady that was selling it as well by managing that.

DarkOne
Deals are out there but very rare. I picked up a 75 gallon Aqueon tank, Fluval 406 and Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 48" light, all brand new, for $200. The guy bought everything before he was promoted and had to move for the position. I thought it was a scam but he responded quickly and there wasn't any suspicious signs. I was still skeptical during the 1.5 hr drive to pick it up though.

bigdreams
PetSmart runs a black friday deal, $300 for a 125 gallon tank plus lids and stand. It's a cheap looking wood stand, though,but at that price... Hmmm

SegiDream
I see that ALL THE TIME on Craigslist in my area. People wanting $300 just for a 75 gallon tank....... Ridiculous.
Well just a quick look and I see someone has a 10 gallon listed for $200. It includes the tank, light, filter, gravel, siphon, and decor. Oh and a fish net!

Just FYI, I dunno if it will work with a 125g size aquarium but my local AldI has industrial shelving racks on clearance for $25 max weight limit is 1900lbs. One of these racks could hold 2 40g's cause it can be divided to go horizontal. In a year or two I might try to convince hubby the other rack looks too bare why not get another 40...

DarkOne
PetSmart runs a black friday deal, $300 for a 125 gallon tank plus lids and stand. It's a cheap looking wood stand, though,but at that price... Hmmm
They run a deal on that 125g all year long at various discounts. Most often at $525 but as low as $400. I wish I had the space for one.

Dbo487
They run a deal on that 125g all year long at various discounts. Most often at $525 but as low as $400. I wish I had the space for one.
Yes that’s exactly what my original plan was but then I bought another fish and I want one more so I was thinking 180-200 gallon and petsmart said they don’t sell anything bigger than the 125 so now I’m going to check out petland for the aquarium cause they’ll order one and then possibly build a stand since they don’t come with one. That’s only if I can get it for a deal else I’ll have to keep looking. I prefer the stand aquarium lid combo

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
Darknightdreamer
Replies
Views
CandyCane701
Replies
Views