Best Plants For Mystery Snails?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by ARQ, Apr 20, 2018.

1. ARQNew MemberMember

What plants would be best to have in a tank with a mystery snail?

I plant on having 2 mystery snails in the same tank and instead of fake plants i want to give them something they will enjoy having in their tank.

2. Rohit messValued MemberMember

If you are new then java moss, java fern, anubias, amazon sword are nice for starters like us.
    Also Look in the plant section of fish lore, everthing needed is described nicely, and it will help your knowledge and give you a nice idea.

3. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

4. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Anything they can climb would work. Mine loves climbing everything in the tank

5. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Najas Grass is fast growing and floats in the water so Mysteries couldn't eat it fast enough to kill it. Here's a picture of it from my old tank in 2012.

RCSTank.jpg

6. FahnFishlore VIPMember

I have several mystery snails in a planted 20g at my job. They are surrounded by swords, anubias, java ferns, java moss, cryptocorynes, ludwigia, rotala indica, and other misc. plants. I have never seen any signs of them eating any of them. The only plants I see them eat are the floating ones, duckweed and Amazon frogbit.

7. Dch48Well Known MemberMember

I don't think they care since they will not eat them 90% of the time. They could be happy with artificials.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice