Best Plants for Fry and Small Tank??

cspicer

Hey guys!

I'm just wondering about the best floating plants for guppy fry... The tanks I have are not huge- five 10 gallons and a 3 gallon- so I would likely need a plant that's more suited for those sizes.

I've been debating between water lettuce, duckweed, amazon frogbit, and/or salvinia minima (water spangles)
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you!!

Sien

Definitely hornwort ! I love it and my betta/pygmy corys love to rest in it. It will make good hiding spots for the fry, is easy to keep alive, is fuller than frogbit, and I think it is a nice looking plant.

cspicer

Definitely hornwort ! I love it and my betta/pygmy corys love to rest in it. It will make good hiding spots for the fry, is easy to keep alive, is fuller than frogbit, and I think it is a nice looking plant.

Great!! Thanks so much for the advice

kallililly1973

guppy grass will also grow like a weed just floating around your tank and if you have some driftwood you could add a clump of java moss for them to hide in and eat off of.

cspicer

guppy grass will also grow like a weed just floating around your tank and if you have some driftwood you could add a clump of java moss for them to hide in and eat off of.
Sounds good!! Thank you

Pwilly07

Water Lettuce and frogbit grow long roots if left alone for some time. The long roots also soak up nitrates in the tanks. Java moss just free-floating in the tank can grow a nice bushy appearance when left undisturbed. It protects many guppy fry and offers a nice spot for fish to sleep at night.

cspicer

Water Lettuce and frogbit grow long roots if left alone for some time. The long roots also soak up nitrates in the tanks. Java moss just free-floating in the tank can grow a nice bushy appearance when left undisturbed. It protects many guppy fry and offers a nice spot for fish to sleep at night.
Perfect! Thank you

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
devsi
Replies
Views
SgtTesla
Replies
Views
Nataku
Replies