Best Place To Order Fish?

Brodie

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Hello all.

I’m going to be stocking a 20 gallon long/tall TBD. And I’m curious as to where is the best place order fish online? I’d prefer cheap, but reputable breeders. I will quarantine fish, but id like to not have sick/dead fish on arrival. Thanks for any help! I’m in the US

AWheeler

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
4 years
I'm replying just to see what everyone else says. We have 1 lfs that I am not usually impressed with...and Walmart. I have to drive an hour to find fish and sometimes I wonder if the time/gas would be better spent on purchasing online!

OP
B

Brodie

Reactions
Experience
Just started
APierce said:
I'm replying just to see what everyone else says. We have 1 lfs that I am not usually impressed with...and Walmart. I have to drive an hour to find fish and sometimes I wonder if the time/gas would be better spent on purchasing online!
Right there with you. My two best stores are over an hour away. I have a PetLand that’s a franchise, that’s REALLY good about their animals, but because they actually medicate and our effort into their animals they’re a little pricey.

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
2 years
You can ask your lfs here in the UK to order in a fish for you which you then collect! Maybe you could do that for your location too?

OP
B

Brodie

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Mary765 said:
You can ask your lfs here in the UK to order in a fish for you which you then collect! Maybe you could do that for your location too?
True, I’ve considered it. Do they charge extra since they’re pretty much doing you a favor? Do they get discounts from wholesale? What’s your experience for it?

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
I’ve bought from Wetspot and had a great success with them. They’re very easy to work with and have competitive pricing, would suggest.

OP
B

Brodie

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Does anyone have experience with LiveAquaria?

Mary765

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
2 years
Brodie said:
True, I’ve considered it. Do they charge extra since they’re pretty much doing you a favor? Do they get discounts from wholesale? What’s your experience for it?
I'm yet to order my pea puffer and 8 green neon tetra from my lfs (just dealing with a quick issue first) but I spoke to one of the guys who orders in the fish and he said that it only costs what the fish and shipping cost but this will vary from store to store depending on what their policies are.

My lfs will do all the fish orders in one go every two weeks so they get a but of a discount from their various whole-salers according to the guy I spoke to so it might actually be cheaper to order from a lfs than online!

But go and speak to one of your lfs managers (the fish shops here in the UK are professionally kept and staffed so might be a completely different story for you) and just ask them all your concerns and questions! They should be open and friendly since you are a valuable customer

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
I don’t personally, but I know it’s about a 50/50 chance gou’ll Actually have a good experience with them. A lot say all the fish died or never got them and never got refunded and others say they’re the best place. I’d personally never buy from them.

alykat

Reactions
Experience
5 years
Brodie said:
Does anyone have experience with LiveAquaria?
I’ve ordered from LiveAquaria multiple times and never had anything go wrong. Then again, I am in California and the transit time is about 8 hours, and I have heard of people who haven’t had the best experience with them. Personally, the fish were shipped in excellent packaging and the heat packs were still fully functional for well after they arrived.

My favorite place to order from is AquaticArts tho. A little expensive but well worth it.

TexasGuppy

Well Known
Reactions
All my precaex rainbows died from them over 4 days, but I read they don't travel well in general. My Amanos and bamboo shrimp were fine. They refunded immediately after I emailed them.

OP
B

Brodie

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Awesome, everyone. Thanks for the input and advice!

New Threads