Best place to get a Bolivian Ram?

garder54

Active Member
Member
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Experience
Just started
Looking to pick up the last fish for my 29 gallon, a Bolivian Ram.

Over the past 6 or 7 years, PetSmart and PetCo moved into town and put all the mom and pop shops out of business. So as far as brick-and-mortar, they are my only two options. After calling and visiting both, neither carry Bolivian Rams. Looking for advice as to the best place to purchase a Bolivian Ram. I know LiveAquaria is a reputable online dealer, but I just need the Ram and it looks like they have a minimum order of $30 to ship to me (Pennsylvania).

Are there any other reputable online dealers that carry Bolivian Rams I could look into? Also, my PetSmart does carry GBRs. I've read that they are not as hardy as the Bolivian Rams. Other than the hardiness, is there any other differences between the two that could persuade me to go with the GBR instead?
 

tyguy7760

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
9,522
Reaction score
3,746
Location
Smyrna, TN
I've ordered fish from Trins Fish before with great success. I have a coupon that will save you 15% if you want to use them



Imperial tropicals and Wet Spot are also very reputable.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
G

garder54

Active Member
Member
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Experience
Just started
tyguy7760 said:
I've ordered fish from Trins Fish before with great success. I have a coupon that will save you 15% if you want to use them



Imperial tropicals and Wet Spot are also very reputable.
Thanks tyguy, I'll definitely look into those sites and let you know if I go with trinsfish!
 

Aichmalotizo

Well Known
Member
Messages
834
Reaction score
12
Location
Central Texas
Experience
Just started
Aquabid or ebay. Aquabid is an eBay like site specifically for fish. As long as the seller has a good rating, you'll be safe. I've gotten fish and plants from both websites, from different sellers (obviously), and had no issues. I've heard good things about trinsfish as well

Wetpot has a tendency to list all their stock on aquabid, it's easier to check than their website slmetimes
 

Tk82

Active Member
Member
Messages
292
Reaction score
22
Experience
2 years
garder54 said:
Looking to pick up the last fish for my 29 gallon, a Bolivian Ram.

Over the past 6 or 7 years, PetSmart and PetCo moved into town and put all the mom and pop shops out of business. So as far as brick-and-mortar, they are my only two options. After calling and visiting both, neither carry Bolivian Rams. Looking for advice as to the best place to purchase a Bolivian Ram. I know LiveAquaria is a reputable online dealer, but I just need the Ram and it looks like they have a minimum order of $30 to ship to me (Pennsylvania).

Are there any other reputable online dealers that carry Bolivian Rams I could look into? Also, my PetSmart does carry GBRs. I've read that they are not as hardy as the Bolivian Rams. Other than the hardiness, is there any other differences between the two that could persuade me to go with the GBR instead?
What part of pa. Are you from? 'That fish place' in lancaster carries bolivian rams.. Also there's a petsmart 10 min. From there that I purchased 2 of my bolivians from.. Surprisingly enough that is THE CLEANEST petsmart ive purchased livestock from.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
G

garder54

Active Member
Member
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Experience
Just started
Tk82 said:
What part of pa. Are you from? 'That fish place' in lancaster carries bolivian rams.. Also there's a petsmart 10 min. From there that I purchased 2 of my bolivians from.. Surprisingly enough that is THE CLEANEST petsmart ive purchased livestock from.
lycoming county...about 2hrs 15min from Lancaster. Jealous your petsmart has such a good selection. Mine is very, very limited. No kuhlI loaches, no Bolivian Rams...surprised they even had my dwarf gouramI (although it was swimming around in the black light tank).
 

Tk82

Active Member
Member
Messages
292
Reaction score
22
Experience
2 years
garder54 said:
lycoming county...about 2hrs 15min from Lancaster. Jealous your petsmart has such a good selection. Mine is very, very limited. No kuhlI loaches, no Bolivian Rams...surprised they even had my dwarf gouramI (although it was swimming around in the black light tank).
I'm from md. But I drove hour and a half just to check out 'that fish place'.. Its a 85,000 sq. Ft. Pet store. I bought 2 neon dwarf gouramis as well as 2 peacock gudgeons from there. Alot of petsmart n petco are hit or miss, the ones closest to where I live are pretty foul. If you ever get a chance, make the trip to lancaster.. You won't regret it.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
262
Guests online
3,329
Total visitors
3,591

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom