Best Place To Buy Plants?

1. T

TombedOrchestra Valued Member Member

What should I consider when buying plants for the aquarium?

I'm looking to get some wisteria. I think my LFS might have it but I think it's 6.99 / bunch. I see it from online stores for 3.99 a bunch. Any luck with online plants? I'm guessing local is better since you know it's coming from water similar to yours and it's coming right from the water into yours rather than transported for 5 days....

I'm new to plants in general. Any other considerations when planting? I have some amazon sword, anubus (?), and java fern that are doing quite well.

2. Sergeant Pepper

Sergeant Pepper Well Known Member Member

All the plants in my tanks are from online. I buy mainly from ebay. Check seller reviews and prices. Some sellers are pretty reasonable and give you amazing plants

3. p

phantom Valued Member Member

from me, jk actually though local is usually best and better prices

4. Alaina Leigh

Alaina Leigh Valued Member Member

I got some from eBay as well as Amazon. It's totally hit or miss.

5. GuppyDazzle

GuppyDazzle Valued Member Member

I've used aquariumplants.com a lot and really like them. The plants are always good, and they're honest to deal with.

6. a

amariel9 Valued Member Member

I've used H20 Plants and Aquatic Arts, and I've had good experiences with both.

7. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Try Buceplant.

Your LFS is probably cheaper though. The online stores will have shipping cost which would most likely make it more expensive than your LFS.