Best place to buy hardscape and tissue cultures if LFS doesn't have them

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
I was wondering what you guys think the best website/place to buy hardscape (Seiryu stone in this case), tissue culture plants, and other supplies is? My LFS doesn't have this stuff so I am looking for other options. Thanks!

AcornTheBetta

For purchasing Seiryu stone I got mine from here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075SB9HRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The rocks came in covered with limescale so I went to home depot and bought some muriatic acid and gave them a bit of a bath. It is a darker Seiryu stone so keep that in mind. I bought 2 batches and they were very different sizes but I'd recommend it.
Ahhh. I'm a bit worried to buy from someone on Amazon, but I guess it might be worth a try

Upvote 0

Betta02

I've bought Dragon Stone from Amazon, it worked out well. Nice pieces, good sizes. I try to stick with my LFS for driftwood, as I'm not really good at judging the size of things like that on the internet. Have to get my hands on it.

Upvote 0

SadSoyBeans

Ahhh. I'm a bit worried to buy from someone on Amazon, but I guess it might be worth a try

It definitely is a bit random as you don't really know what you're gonna get but I'm quite pleased. One order came in with a bunch of smaller ones but the other came in with some larger rocks so overall I have a nice blend of them.

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Ok. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Fisch

Buceplants? They have tissue culture, not sure in regards to rock selection

Upvote 0

Sauceboat

Any particular reason for tissue culture over regular plants?

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Ok. Thanks!
Any particular reason for tissue culture over regular plants?
Nope except for that I don't really want to have to dip them.
Sauceboat or Fisch do you know anything about/what do you think of Glass Aqua?

Upvote 0

fishnovice33

I also hate dipping and buy mainly tissues. They can be a pain to grow out but they’re completely sterile.

Glass aqua is absolutely my favorite for tissues, huge variety, fast shipping and excellent customer service. I have used them for years. You won’t be disappointed.

Upvote 0

jake37

kensfish has the best deal on driftwood i've seen. It can be a bit of a blind purchase which is something i normally don't do but i did buy one from ken and was so happy with it i purchased four or five more and all of them have been really nice.

I'm not a fan of buceplants - but for plants i've been ok with aquariumplants aquariumfactoryplants (huge selection) and dustinfishtanks (small selection but large). I only comment on places i have used first hand.

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

I also hate dipping and buy mainly tissues. They can be a pain to grow out but they’re completely sterile.

Glass aqua is absolutely my favorite for tissues, huge variety, fast shipping and excellent customer service. I have used them for years. You won’t be disappointed.
Ok. I think I might give them a shot then.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Sauceboat
Want To Buy Hardscape, plants
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
  • Question
Replies