Best online place to buy fish?

My view from online stores i've used:
aquahuna - good for cheap fish and cheap shipping. Excellent warranty. Two caveat - frequently the fishes are fairly young so they will be fairly small; quite a few of the fishes might have minor defects. These are not critical to the health of the fish but normally such deformities would be culled.
aquaticarts - ok but not spectacular sort of a compromise between aquahuna and wetspot.
wetspot - fantastic.
tangledupcichlid - interesting small store for less common cichlid - shipping expensive.
aquaticclarity - the place to go for apistogramma - shipping expensive.
ebay - depends on seller but if you are careful can be pretty rewarding.
aquabid - depends on the seller - i prefer ebay to aquabid
-
I really like the smaller stores but because they have low volume shipping is pricey esp since priority mail is no longer reliable they are forced to use overnight shipping.
-
If this is your first time using online store be sure you understand the DOA policy of the seller. Most places will only provide refund IF you take a picture BEFORE the bag is open (no exception). Many sellers do not refund shipping. Some places only provide a credit which means you will have to pay for shipping a second time. Some places require that the item be shipped again with you paying shipping. Be sure to read the policy and pick accordingly.

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom