Best Online Aquarium Plant Store?

shollia

Reaction score
I think the title says it all.
I'm looking for some suggestions for places on the net that sell good, affordable, aquarium plants.

Since the pet stores around here don't want to take care of the ones they have and want to sell you nonaquatic.... I think we're gonna have to start getting them online.

So yeah... prefer one that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for s&h and that people have positive experience with.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
plant geek, contact off-ice site administrator. I'v heard good things about him and Gunnie can testify I believe as him only having good plants, talk to her about any questions.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This time of year you have to be careful when you order live stuff because if it comes standard shipping it can freeze getting to you depending on where you are from.

I have tried to get ahold of off-ice and haven't been able to reach him for a while so I would maybe look into the eBay sellers and most of them give discount rates on shipping when you buy more than one plant at a time. The one vendor I have the best luck with on eBay for plants is: Mikeswetpets I have never had a problem with the plants I get from him and you do not have to go through an auction like for most things...he sells "Buy It Now" on all his plants. (He is also the person who sold me Noel and Marty but I have not seen him sending many fish lately.)

Rose

OP
S

shollia

Reaction score
Thanks all
I checked out that plantgeek site but didn't see anything for sale? Unless I'm looking in the wrong place heh.
I'll have to check out the others recommended tomorrow b/c I'm heading to bed! ;D

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
AquariumPlants.com - seems like a great website, but I think they charge a "bit" for S&H. I consider ordering plants from this website. I'll probably have to pay for S&H more than for the plants themselves ( :-\ ) because this is the cold time of the year. If I don't make an express order on the plants at this time of the year, I may be wasting my money as they'll probably arrive all dead.

Peter243243

Reaction score
Try spring to get fish this way.

Winter: too cold
Summer: Too warm
Fall: They are getting ready to hibernate
Spring: Perfect ;D

Just my 2 cents

obusweetT

Reaction score
I just ordered some plants fromthatpetplace . There was a problem getting them all here in the same order but the plants were in good condition and everything in growing well in my tank. They only guarantee for five days though, which is less that other places I've seen. Shipping was only 10.99 though I believe. Just for the record I haven't ordered from anyplace else so I have nothing to compare to.

Eskielvr

Reaction score
liveaquaria seems like a pretty good place, but I'm not sure if you need a minimum order or not. I've wanted to order fish through there but for fish, you have to have at least $30 worth which is near impossible for me if I'm just getting basic freshwater fish like neons and such.....plus the shipping is another $34. But, if you were into Marine aquariums that would probably be nothing. They sell live rock and corral and marine fish there (which one fish can be a minimum of $30!)

OP
S

shollia

Reaction score
Think I'm gonna try to get some stuff from aquariumgarden.com. Supposed to be getting some money a little later this month so I'll get some then
They have a lot of selection and their S&H isn't that bad. Also helps that their plants are SUPER cheap compared to other places! I just hope they're good quality.

New Threads