Best “non fish tank stand” stand

Makalah

I’m not sure where to put this question but I am having a heck of a time finding a stand for my
20 gallon. My current stand is so bad I’m afraid to even touch it at this point. I am looking for an accent like cabinet thing that doesn’t look like a fish tank stand and is fairly low (because I am short and I don’t feel like climbing on a chair to do my WCs anymore). If it’s white all the better since it’ll match my decor in my craft room where the tank is.

Anyone have any surggestions? I’ve found some accent cabinets I like I’m just worried about weight capacity.
I should add I’d like it with doors or drawers you can’t see into. I hate seeing cords or equipment lol.

BigManAquatics

Dressers, desks, any of that kind of stuff made with solid wood. Can often get for decent prices at a thrift store or garage sale.

Upvote 0

YellowGuppy

Picked up this bad boy at Jysk like eight years ago. Not sure if they carry it anymore, but it works well! Pictured with my 20g tall; don't mind the toys scattered everywhere!
20210304_210012.jpg

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Picked up this bad boy at Jysk like eight years ago. Not sure if they carry it anymore, but it works well! Pictured with my 20g tall; don't mind the toys scattered everywhere!
20210304_210012.jpg
You play with toy cars when looking at your fish, too? Awesome!!

Upvote 0

Fisch

Vanities work well, my husband modified one and it works beautifully.

Upvote 0

Makalah

Vanities work well, my husband modified one and it works beautifully.
Oh! That’s a good idea!

Upvote 0

brynnsplendens

I use an Ikea Kallax! it is 30 inches so fits a 20 long perfectly, or works with a 20 tall. It's sturdy, I've had a 29g, 20 long and a 10g on it at different times and it held perfectly, plus is short so WC are easy. and it looks good!

Upvote 0

Makalah

I use an Ikea Kallax! it is 30 inches so fits a 20 long perfectly, or works with a 20 tall. It's sturdy, I've had a 29g, 20 long and a 10g on it at different times and it held perfectly, plus is short so WC are easy. and it looks good!
Thanks!

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

I have a 10 gallon tank on a small solid wood chest of drawers, for another idea.

Upvote 0

faydout

If at all possible, go with solid wood or metal. Pressboard or MDF will absorb spilled water and eventually warp. If you can find an old tv stand (solid wood, of course) at a thrift store, that might work well.

Upvote 0

Makalah

I have a 10 gallon tank on a small solid wood chest of drawers, for another idea.
Thanks! I think a chest of drawers is perfect for what I’m looking for.

Upvote 0

Marlene327

I’m not sure where to put this question but I am having a heck of a time finding a stand for my
20 gallon. My current stand is so bad I’m afraid to even touch it at this point. I am looking for an accent like cabinet thing that doesn’t look like a fish tank stand and is fairly low (because I am short and I don’t feel like climbing on a chair to do my WCs anymore). If it’s white all the better since it’ll match my decor in my craft room where the tank is.

Anyone have any surggestions? I’ve found some accent cabinets I like I’m just worried about weight capacity.
I should add I’d like it with doors or drawers you can’t see into. I hate seeing cords or equipment lol.
I have a 10 gallon on a bedroom nightstand we weren't using. My 20 gallon is a breeder and wouldn't fit, but a standard likely would. And, it's low... I'm a shorty too and while WCs in my 40 wide aren't hard, cleaning algae and planting are.

Upvote 0

Debbie1986

1/2 of my tanks are on 1960/70 heavy wood furniture

1 is a sewing desk where I have a thick piece of plastic down and then the tank. perfect height for viewing and tank care

Upvote 0

The2dCour

there's 89$ metal shelving units at box stores that hold a 40g breeder or 50g perfectly, rated for 800lbs or so.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

there's 89$ metal shelving units at box stores that hold a 40g breeder or 50g perfectly, rated for 800lbs or so.
I will say, this option is not as aesthetically pleasing, but always is a practical and possible solution. White is even a color option for some of them.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kelvin12
Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies