Best medications for battling internal worms

Janna1234

Reaction score
Hi I have been trying to battle my guppies internal worms issue for weeks and have lost many guppies. I started treating with blue plant fill and fluke tablets, however that just slowed down death rates for the 48hourd it supposed to be in the tank. U have since done more research and many people suggest using levesimole type medication. When I look online there's hundreds of different medications for ranges of prices$20-30, some particularly for fish, others just pure levesimole. Is there one type in perticular people have used and been successful with? If so would be highly appreciated what it's called exactly or where you got it:) thanks

OP
J

Janna1234

Reaction score
Ok thankyou so much, do U know where U got it from and how much it was?

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have levamisole from subaquaria. I haven’t used it yet but it’s on ebay and from what I’ve heard it is a very good product :).
I would recommend it for sure!

OP
J

Janna1234

Reaction score
That's sounds awesome, most I have been seeing online are like $25-30 plus and I didn't really want to spend that much as I just spent $30 on another dewormer that didn't work. I'll look into that thanks

OP
J

Janna1234

Reaction score
The fish are really skinny/melnourished, poop white stringy poo and refuse to eat. I did research and thought thats what it would be. After the first few weeks I posted a thread asking for help about why it could be and included photos, results of the water test and more but I never got any replies from anyone on that post, and have lost so many fish in the fast five weeks. I'm lost at what to do and I only have a couple left.im sure even if I found medication and ordered it by the time it would arrive in 2-3 weeks the last of them will be dead.honestly not sure what to do I'm honestly at a total loss. I was given them and they came with what ever they had.

richiep said:
This is the one most recommend
Hi do you know where you got it? And how much it was? I can't seem to find it online, thanks

GlennO

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Levamisole is the common ingredient in many animal wormers.

OP
J

Janna1234

Reaction score
GlennO said:
Levamisole is the common ingredient in many animal wormers.
So where would a good place to get it? I've been looking and can't seem to find anything inperticular. There are heaps of one's one eBay but if been hearing things where they half fill it with levesimole and the other half other fillers. Do U know of any aquarium sellers that sell it?

I have been using blue planet preziquantal Gill and fluke tablets, but they don't seem to be taking affect

GlennO

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Janna1234 said:
So where would a good place to get it? I've been looking and can't seem to find anything inperticular. There are heaps of one's one eBay but if been hearing things where they half fill it with levesimole and the other half other fillers. Do U know of any aquarium sellers that sell it?
I haven't checked eBay. Maybe ask at a veterinary service? I live in Australia and I'm not aware of any product approved for aquarium use that contains it but you can get it for dogs, cats and poultry. Just calculate the amount to add. You need 9mg/gallon. I have used the Blue Planet tabs with prazi and it worked well for flukes. It's the next best thing for worms, maybe try another dose.

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Janna1234 said:
Can you get levamisole from subaquaria on eBay? I’m pretty sure that it doesn’t have any fillers :)

New Threads