Best looking fish

sasha

Reaction score
I was just watching my two clown loaches and they are stunningly beautiful there only about 2 inch at the max but the colours are vibrant
Other members what is your best looking fish??

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh my its a tie between my Clown Loaches, Rhino Plec and the baby Queen Arabesque plecs. or maybe the nine different kinds of guppys, or the Endler males....... this is just toooo hard
Carol

FishFyer

Reaction score
Mine would have to be my vampire tetras, while they are very destructive to my tanks ornaments they find a way to look good doing it lol

Jordan

Miss Mouse

Well Known
Reaction score
Mines gotta be a draw between my betta Marmaduke and my polkadot botias - they're so cool the way they swim and dart around the tank ;D

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
I think all fish are beautiful but I am very partial to Bettas! The variety of colors and flowing tails are mesmerizing and they have such personality! If I could afford it my place would be filled with tanks of Bettas of every color.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
That is really a tough question.  All fish are beautiful in their own way!  I love my yo yo's and how their patterns look:

3.jpg

I also love my LDA33 pleco!:

1.jpg

This is not my fish, but one that was for sale.  If I had the committment, I would have a tank full of these:

38.jpg

LarryDavid

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My Red Tail

Still only a baby full of character and jet black body and a striking red tail

Getting fatter by the day :0

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would have to say that although I try not to have favorites, my little Alexander is my prettiest fish. He is truly beautiful. He is unusual and I am so proud of his unusual nature and his sweetness. He has the most darling personality and is such a lover. He is so cute and does the most darling things. It makes him not only pretty but the most lovely in disposition that I have.

Rose.

petercaine

Reaction score
my other half says the best looking fish we have at the mo are our four dwarf puffers they are stunning fish but don't half nip at the others (we were misssold them they came with verry little info) we were told they would be fine for a community tank (a big no no but so far they are doing great)

Stitsbabe

Reaction score
Hmmmmm....This is a toughy. To me, all of my fish a beautiful, it's very difficult to say which one is the best looking....but, after careful consideration, I think I'm going to have to say my Synodontis Brichardi.

I love his markings, the way he moves and the way he gets all excited and flashy when it's feeding time....He hides a lot during the day time and so it's always a joy to see him swimming about in the evening.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I am not one to care much about how a fish looks as long as they have personality! Anyway, right now I am low on fish since I just lost a binch to TB--the only fish I have to choose between are Otos and Pygmy Cories. I'm not sure I'd call either pretty, just adorable... ;D The prettiest fish I've HAD though was probably my Guppy Corona. She looked more like a shorter-finned pet store male Guppy than a female. She was just gorgeous, with a body that faded from tan to dark grey, and a bright yellow to orangish tail with black streaks, and a silver blue dorsal fin. She had a personality to match--she ruled the tank and was fearless and a show-off as well as a drama queen. I still miss her--she was the first fish I lost to TB.

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
0morrokh said:
Well, I am not one to care much about how a fish looks as long as they have personality!  Anyway, right now I am low on fish since I just lost a binch to TB--the only fish I have to choose between are Otos and Pygmy Cories.  I'm not sure I'd call either pretty, just adorable... ;D  The prettiest fish I've HAD though was probably my Guppy Corona.  She looked more like a shorter-finned pet store male Guppy than a female.  She was just gorgeous, with a body that faded from tan to dark grey, and a bright yellow to orangish tail with black streaks, and a silver blue dorsal fin.  She had a personality to match--she ruled the tank and was fearless and a show-off as well as a drama queen.  I still miss her--she was the first fish I lost to TB.
What is a TB? :-[

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yeah, pescine (fish) tuberculosis...terrible, terrible disease. Everyone who keeps fish needs to know how to identify it. Basically the infected fish suddenly gets sick for no apparent reason and slowly wastes away until they die. :'( It is horrible... Also it is possible for humans to get it from fish, but it will only take the form of a bad skin infection and contracting it is highly unlikely. Still you need to be really careful when handling fish with possible TB. This disease is fortunately rare, but when it does strike it can be hard to diagnose because it resembles other diseases. Infected fish show symptoms of finrot and other diseases. Unfortunately there is no cure that I know of.
Now I am not trying to scare everyone--the chances of your fish getting TB are really low and for you to get infected from them almost never happens--however everyone with fish needs to know about it in case their fish get it.
I just lost six fish to TB over the past several months...there are two survivors left, pray they won't also come down with TB...
That's the other weird thing about TB, it can take many months before fish start showing symptoms.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom