Best Lighting for Goldfish

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Stradius011, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Stradius011

Stradius011 Well Known Member Member

What lighting would show off goldfish's colors off the best? I'm only using the standard fluorescent lighting in my 29 gallon.

2. Hendryx

Hendryx Valued Member Member

It's just my opinion but, i think your standard lighting is fine, I would be more concerned with feeding the proper diet to keep your goldfishes color..

3. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I agree with Hendryx. Your lightning now should be fine & diet will probably play a bigger part in keeping the fishes colours viabrant.

4. s

shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

yes I also agree :) Diet is the key to good color in your goldfish :)

5. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

I agree too. But different lighting DOES affect a bit of your goldfishs' color so any lighting would do. :)

6. yukoandk

yukoandk Valued Member Member

I changed the bulb for my goldfish tank from a standard fluorescent that was getting to old to one called Hagen Life-Glo 2 recently. I knew very little about lighting and I just picked up what seemed like a middle-of-the-road, or all-purpose-ish bulb based on the vague advise from a shop personnel and the package description. It definitely looks quite different from the old lighting--a little cooler and whiter looking light that makes red/orange color on my goldfish look brighter. It says "hight-noon spectrum " with 6700K, 30w for 36". Hope this helps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice