Best Lighting For Cichlids Color?

StanV

So I have a mixed African/American 125 US gallon tank and I’m looking for a good light bar that will make my Peacock Cichlids color POP for a reasonable price, any suggestions? I’ve heard that Marine Lights will do the trick, is this true?

A201

I use the Fluval Aqua Sky. I think all my fish look better in a subdued blue light.
IMO, The bright White Marine lighting causes fish to look washed out.
There are better lights available, but my 60" Aqua Sky cost just under $60. I've had the light seven years so the quality & the price probably has gone up.

Bwood22

I use the Fluval Aqua Sky. I think all my fish look better in a subdued blue light.
There are better lights available, but my 60" Aqua Sky cost just under $60. I've had the light seven years so the quality & the price probably has gone up.
I use a 48" aquasky as well. Mine was $100 at petsmart.

I don't even use the white light unless im taking pictures. I love the low blue look with a hint of red.

SmartSelect_20211013-213749_FluvalSmart.jpg

jmaldo

I have the Aqua Sky on my 55 African build, the fish look Great. Take a look at some of the pics in my thread.

Good Luck!

MacZ

A good chunk of blue spectrum is very fitting for Malawis.

StanV

I have the Aqua Sky on my 55 African build, the fish look Great. Take a look at some of the pics in my thread.

Good Luck!
I’m fairly new to this site, how do you find your thread?

Good Luck!
I use a 48" aquasky as well. Mine was $100 at petsmart.

I don't even use the white light unless im taking pictures. I love the low blue look with a hint of red.

SmartSelect_20211013-213749_FluvalSmart.jpg
What size would y’all recommend for a 125 US Gallon for Fluval Aquasky

StarGirl

I have my 48"Aquasky cranked to 100 on all 4 colors. It doesnt seem very bright with all the green seaweed going on in there. A201 yeah they are more than 100+ now...lol

Screenshot_20211014-193700_FluvalSmart.jpg
Oh yeah I have the 2.0

Bwood22

I have my 48"Aquasky cranked to 100 on all 4 colors. It doesnt seem very bright with all the green seaweed going on in there. A201 yeah they are more than 100+ now...lol

Screenshot_20211014-193700_FluvalSmart.jpg
Oh yeah I have the 2.0
Dang that's bright!
All that white is too overpowering for me.
I’m fairly new to this site, how do you find your thread?

What size would y’all recommend for a 125 US Gallon for Fluval Aquasky
Go with the 48" it will fit a 6ft tank.
Ive shown you some of my pics too, all of those are with the aquasky as well.

StarGirl

Dang that's bright!

Its really not with black sand and a ton of Vals.

StanV

Dang that's bright!

I got the 48 inch Fluval Aqua sky from petsmart, I got it on sale and got it for 100 instead of paying 150 online :) I’m just trying to get used to working the colors and see which make the color on my fish pop

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigBeardDaHuZi
Replies
Views
Fishstery
Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies