Best Lighting for a 29g Tall Planted Tank?

F1shl0r3
I'm just wondering if it would be better to get one 32 watt Finnex Planted+

or

would it be smarter to get two generic led aquarium lights (7000k range) at 24 watts so in total it would have 48 watts?

from what I understand the more watts per gallon the better, right?

kallililly1973
I have a Nicrew sky led on my 29 that does a good job for the plants. But the tank is also dirted n capped with PFS. I also have a Finnex 24/7 on my 55 with just PFS and it also does well for my plants. I never went by wattage I usually try to get an LED in the 6500K range to grow plants.

SanDiegoRedneck
F1shl0r3 said:
I'm just wondering if it would be better to get one 32 watt Finnex Planted+

or

would it be smarter to get two generic led aquarium lights (7000k range) at 24 watts so in total it would have 48 watts?

from what I understand the more watts per gallon the better, right?
I have planted + hlc on my 29gal tall. I love it and good price.

emilymg
kallililly1973 said:
I have a Nicrew sky led on my 29 that does a good job for the plants. But the tank is also dirted n capped with PFS. I also have a Finnex 24/7 on my 55 with just PFS and it also does well for my plants. I never went by wattage I usually try to get an LED in the 6500K range to grow plants.
Agreed, Nicrew works great for plants.

Mike1995
I have the CRV planted+ model on 4 of my tanks. My taller tanks, which are a 90g and a 25g cube both have them. No problem growing any plants and heres the proof
I personally believe the red LEDs make a huge difference. I'm not sure the science behind it but vs a light with just white LEDs, I've seen insane amounts of growth.

20200705_133725.jpg

20200705_133827.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom