Best light to make red plants vivid?

Fishstery

I'm rescaping my UNS 45s and converting it into a high tech dutch-ish style. I bought mostly red stem plants. I've seen pictures online of tanks that photograph so vividly, and claim to not have a filter. I'm wondering if anyone has any red stem plants with co2 injection and could show me pictures or tell me what light they use and what they think of it. The best coloring I've seen is from the chihiros rgb vivid. I bought a twinstar 450 ea because I have the E series in 2 other tanks and they do have a good bit of red diodes and a warm color temp. I just can't find many pictures online displaying this particular light with red plants. I really want the greens and reds to look quite vivid.

Darthmoli

t5 bulbs are really the way to go if you want to fine tune what you are looking for in terms of lighting specifically for getting a color pop. Here is a good article on what some of the pros use. I follow the t5's and mostly use the Dennerle's
Fine Tuning Light Spectrum

Upvote 0

bored411

I'm rescaping my UNS 45s and converting it into a high tech dutch-ish style. I bought mostly red stem plants. I've seen pictures online of tanks that photograph so vividly, and claim to not have a filter. I'm wondering if anyone has any red stem plants with co2 injection and could show me pictures or tell me what light they use and what they think of it. The best coloring I've seen is from the chihiros rgb vivid. I bought a twinstar 450 ea because I have the E series in 2 other tanks and they do have a good bit of red diodes and a warm color temp. I just can't find many pictures online displaying this particular light with red plants. I really want the greens and reds to look quite vivid.
This post might help you! A Guide To Getting Plants To Turn Red Or More Colorful. I just got some ludwigia super red mini for my 3-gallon tank (that I'm upgrading to a 5 gallon soon) and found they grow up towards the 8watt light I added and the closer they are to it, the redder they get.

Upvote 0

Fishstery

I think the question may have been misunderstood :) I know how to grow red plants in a way that they color up nicely. I'm looking for a light that makes them *appear* very vibrant when photographed or just looked at in person. Almost all high light will make red plants turn or stay red. But some have a better color spectrum/color temperature that make them *appear* even more vibrant because of the lighting. I don't have any experience using fluorescent lighting but I do know a lot of people use different colored tubes on their farm tanks. Unfortunately this is for a nano so I don't think fluorescent lighting will work.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
aeneas
Replies
Views
Mike A
  • Question
Replies
Views
Jeroen712