best LFS

1. guppy man Member Member

:;bmu Time to beam up to big als, they have a huge variety of fish and they always seeem to know what their doing.:;fr:;rocker

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

I wish I had something like this by me.

Hmmm, considering how broke we are, maybe I don't. It would be torturous! :p

3. Robin4 Member Member

I like bigalsonline.com :)

Robin

4. kelsangdol Member Member

I like my World of Fish even though I havn't bought anything there except for the little pellets for the koi pond they have.. :;gift
    But I will soon buy more..........

5. Elvishswimmer Member Member

I'm not that impressed with the big als near me (Edmonton).

They have koi packed into a pond that is barely big enough to fit all of them IMO, they are constantly bumping into eachother and stuff, been there every time I went.
    The goldfish always look sick and there is always a dead one in the tank.
    A lot of the other fish seem to be sick overal as well. And the sharks in the shark tank never look happy, they seem to want more space to swim.

I like going there to buy other fish products, as they have a huge selection, and their tanks are a decent price. My boyfriend bought my 37G tank kit at petsmart, and he was like "dang, I could have gotten you a 60G kit for almost the same price here" LOL

But ya, I think I would take my buisness elsewhere for the purchase of the actual fish... though I won't be buying fish anytime in the near future. I'm full up as it is right now :)

6. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

is big al's a big chain?

7. bruiser Member Member

Yes it is Meenu. Go to the website and it will tell you where all the stores are!

8. Stormbreach Initiate Member

Big Al's

I know this thread is more than a month old, sorry. I have been to the Big Al's in Edmonton (there's only one). I have to say I don't know too much about fish but they don't seem all that bad to me, but I am convinced the habrosus cory of mine that just died was not good to begin with. But I spoke to a worker there yesterday and he seemed knowledgeable about foods. I asked what sinking algae would be good for the corys to graze on because I'm not sure enough flakes get past my hyperactive danios. He told me the corys are omnivores so algae wasn't the best, he gave me sinking tropical discs instead. I'm going again today to see if there's any extra media I can stuff in my filter because my tank doesn't seem to be cycling and it's driving me nuts.

9. Furallicah Well Known Member Member

There are 3 petsmarts within 15miles of me. The one in Kingsport is the best out of them, though their selection isnt as large nor do they carry a lot of bettas, but for fish knowledge and care, the manager of the fish department there...she is good.

10. Chrisson Member Member

My favorite big al's store close to my house changed management and is called treasure island or something and I hate it now. Since that day it went downhill for me.

I think every big al's store in B.C. Went away. :( The Employees in Big Al's always new what they were talking about.

11. StarGirl2 Initiate Member

There is a pretty good LFS near me called Penny's Pets (Sault Ste. Marie). Went there for the first time yesterday and i was pretty impressed with their fish section. They had the best variety of decorations and plants I've ever seen. Their tanks were spotless and not crowded at all! All the fish and the plants looked very healthy and there were a lot of tanks with a great variety of fish. It was a very nice change from the Petfood Warehouse near my apartment. Terrible there.