Best Kuhli Sinking Pellet?

CanadianFishFan
So what's your most favorite or best brand/type of sinking pellets do you feed your KuhlI Loachs? Getting mine on Thursday and have some food but they expired in February ( Can I still use em?) I will be feeding frozen Brine Shrimp and Mysis over the weekends but what good pellets should I buy for the week day?
Or any veggies I should be feeding?
( Expired food )

VIKORy92sp48J5KbW9A-N4rUU6SIZBeDV7OvrCPyP_SlbQJOuK2Xeb-JHIhuum2coWAlh_6rCCrMHUjppio=w462-h618-no.jpg

Discus-Tang
CanadianFishFan
HikarI sinking wafers (not algae wafers)
Thanks, think I saw those at the store. ( Says they have em online ) How many of them do I feed for 8 loachs?

Discus-Tang
1 Each.

CMB
I also like the HikarI bottom feeder pellets. Another good food for kuhlI loaches are the Omega shrimp pellets. They seem to sink pretty quick, and the kuhlI love them.

A whole wafer per kuhli? Doesn't that seem like a bit much? They're pretty small fish.

imba
CanadianFishFan
I also like the HikarI bottom feeder pellets. Another good food for kuhlI loaches are the Omega shrimp pellets. They seem to sink pretty quick, and the kuhlI love them.

A whole wafer per kuhli? Doesn't that seem like a bit much? They're pretty small fish.
Agree seems a bit much. Will the shrimp pellets that expired in February still good or no?

Discus-Tang
The wafers are really small. Like 1/8 the size of an algae wafer or less.

CMB
Oh wow, I feed the hikarI sinking wafers to my corydoras hastatus, but I only give them half a wafer per day and I have 9 cories! I must be severely underfeeding

I give my kuhlis (school of 12) around 1 and a half pellets per day. They seem super active and happy, so I can't imagine that I'm underfeeding.

wodesorel
HikarI Massivore. One pellet feeds my school of two dozen and they go bonkers for it! Full on feeding frenzy.

CanadianFishFan
Thanks guys! I'm sure I will figure out how many chunks to give em. So what veggies should I offer as well?

CMB
I'm not sure that kuhlis eat veggies. According to Seriously Fish (and members that I've talked to on this forum), kuhlI loaches are actually micropredators, they eat small creatures in the substrate. You could give them some frozen or live food every now and again instead.

CanadianFishFan
I'm not sure that kuhlis eat veggies. According to Seriously Fish (and members that I've talked to on this forum), kuhlI loaches are actually micropredators, they eat small creatures in the substrate. You could give them some frozen or live food every now and again instead.
Interesting... My research showed they aren't a big fan but will eat them. I do have frozen foods so they can sift in the sand and I I'm still looking for live food. Thanks!

Culprit
I really like the Omega One Shrimp pellets. High quality and my cory's loved them.

CanadianFishFan
I really like the Omega One Shrimp pellets. High quality and my cory's loved them.
Yeah many people recommended those on my Instagram. Can I also feed them some floating pellets ( That can sink?) Lol can't remember the brand... I'm sure the shrimp pellets, brine shrimp, mysis and HikarI wafers are good enough.

DarkOne
Pretty much any sinking foods will be fine. I feed my group of 11 (1 died) HikarI Micro Wafers but also Sinking Wafers, API Bottom Feeders, Repashy and anything else that makes it to the bottom.

CMB
Pretty much any sinking foods will be fine. I feed my group of 11 (1 died) HikarI Micro Wafers but also Sinking Wafers, API Bottom Feeders, Repashy and anything else that makes it to the bottom.

Aww . So sorry for your loss. They are amazing little fish.

Lacey D
I'll look into those wafers, and the other things. I have 4 kuhlI loaches, a school of endler and a betta who is convinced that she can eat ANYTHING in this tank. I found the other day that crushing some Fluval Bugbites small sinking pellets let enough sift to the bottom for everyone to eat without anyone exploding The betta SHOULD be out of this tank next weekend (I hope--I just need my husband to cut some plywood so I have a base for my 20L and can start setting that up for the other betta and puffers ).

CanadianFishFan
I'll look into those wafers, and the other things. I have a school of endler and a betta who is convinced that she can eat ANYTHING in this tank. I found the other day that crushing some Fluval Bugbites small sinking pellets let enough sift to the bottom for everyone to eat without anyone exploding The betta SHOULD be out of this tank next weekend (I hope--I just need my husband to cut some plywood so I have a base for my 20L and can start setting that up for the other betta and puffers ).
Thanks I'm sure they will enjoy sifting for pellets in the 20 gallon.

Ravynn
Mine are primarily eating Fluval Bug Bites. I find it's easy for them to eat faster vs any type of wafer i've tried.

DarkOne
HikarI Micro wafers are small enough for most Kuhlis to eat whole. They graze on everything else when it breaks up.

CanadianFishFan
Mine are primarily eating Fluval Bug Bites. I find it's easy for them to eat faster vs any type of wafer i've tried.
They were sold out of loaches yesterday... But thanks will be trying some small food too!

Islandvic
My java loaches will eat Ken's Veggie Wafers, Omega One Pellets and Ken's Ultimate Pellets.

They are not picky at all.

They even eat Cobalt Aquatics flake that sinks to the substrate.

It's hilarious when I drop some food in, within seconds a loach will pop its head out from under and ornament, look around, and then they all dart out to feed .

CanadianFishFan
My java loaches will eat Ken's Veggie Wafers, Omega One Pellets and Ken's Ultimate Pellets.

They are not picky at all.

They even eat Cobalt Aquatics flake that sinks to the substrate.

It's hilarious when I drop some food in, within seconds a loach will pop its head out from under and ornament, look around, and then they all dart out to feed .
Yes I plan to try the omega one pellet. I had 10 kuhlis and down to 3 due to them haveing a shipping disaster. Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
adh/smile
Replies
Views
Gdpierce79
Replies
Views
Lebeeze
Replies
Views