Best Koi Pond Filter

Kcorsaro82

I have a 100 gallon Koi pond with 3 Koi. I've had it for 5 years. What's the best filter that won't break the bank?

saltwater60

You don’t really have 3 koi in a 100 gallon pond do you? They get 2-3 feet and will rapidly out grow that. I’d recommend goldfish. I have 4-5 koi in a 5500 gallon pond.
I don’t run a filter on my ponds I use a stream bed and lots of snails and love plants. My water is crystal clear and no algae.
You can make a filter out of a 5 gallon bucket with lava rock. Look on YouTube.

Kcorsaro82

saltwater60 said:
You don’t really have 3 koi in a 100 gallon pond do you? They get 2-3 feet and will rapidly out grow that. I’d recommend goldfish. I have 4-5 koi in a 5500 gallon pond.
I don’t run a filter on my ponds I use a stream bed and lots of snails and love plants. My water is crystal clear and no algae.
You can make a filter out of a 5 gallon bucket with lava rock. Look on YouTube.
They are as happy as can be. They come up and greet anybody who comes by the pond. They even like being pet. If you stick a finger in they rub all over it. I will look up the lava rock.

saltwater60

How’s the water quality? How big are the fish. I’d build as big a filter as possible if you plan to keep them. That’s a lot of fish for 100 gallons unless they are only a few inches long.

CristaKoi

Hello,
I recommend making making your own filter system. Utube has so many tutorials, search Pond Filter, or Box Filter. I built my filter for under $50.00.

Latest threads

Top Bottom