Best investment: A thermometer recommendation

Discussion in 'Temperature' started by millca, Aug 4, 2014.

1. millca

millca Valued Member Member

I'm raising some baby ranchus which require 100% water change everyday so a reliable thermometer that gives fast readings was in order. I found a meat thermometer on Amazon that has been a complete blessing to have on hand. Here's the link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089O0W1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My experience with aquarium thermometers they sell in pet stores was dismal. Nearly every single one (out of four) I had bought previously, plus a digital aquarium one off of ebay, all gave different temperatures. Since the main reason I need a thermometer is to make sure water temps match when water changing, the need for a thermometer with a quick reading also rose higher on my needs list.

So I went and found the best meat thermometer I could find with a good rating on Amazon and bought it. It cost $18+ but was worth every penny for its speed.

So if you are frustrated of not knowing your tank's temp and tap water, I highly recommend this one with one caveat: if you have multiple tanks, please sterilize the thermometer before you use it in the next tank with 70% rubbing alcohol.

2. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

You got ranchus! And you dare share this with no pictures :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice