Question Best ich/ick killer???

Madchild57

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sb092 said:
What is the best ich/ick killer that will not harm scaleless fish or invertebrates (like snails)???
Snails you need to remove for any ich treatment if I remember correctly. Temperature and salt works pretty well and I have a 100% success rate with it unlike my 0% success rate with meds.

edit: this was a godsend to me

OP
Sb092

Sb092

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Madchild57 said:
Snails you need to remove for any ich treatment if I remember correctly. Temperature and salt works pretty well and I have a 100% success rate with it unlike my 0% success rate with meds.

edit: this was a godsend to me
I am not sure scaleless fish can tolerate salt. Have you used salt with catfish type fish before with success?

Madchild57

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sb092 said:
I am not sure scaleless fish can tolerate salt. Have you used salt with catfish type fish before with success?
They can tolerate the low amounts used as long as you increase salt concentration slowly. I cured my pleco and rainbow shark (ig catfish-ish, more like a minnow) of ich using that method. If not, heat may work all by itself, but I'm unsure.

OP
Sb092

Sb092

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
DoubleDutch said:
Does this Oto have Ich ?
Spots look quite big for Ich.
I am headed to the pet store again today...will be purchasing api master test kit, and api super ich stuff. It says its safe at half dose for Otocinclus. I will try and if no improvement, then I will try the euthanasia suggested on this forum. It sounds nasty, but I love my betta more.

OP
Sb092

Sb092

Reaction score
Experience
Just started

AvalancheDave

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sb092 said:
I am headed to the pet store again today...will be purchasing api master test kit, and api super ich stuff. It says its safe at half dose for Otocinclus. I will try and if no improvement, then I will try the euthanasia suggested on this forum. It sounds nasty, but I love my betta more.
Why euthanasia? Why not just separate the fish or rehome it?

Just because one fish has ich doesn't mean others will get it.

New Threads