Best homemade betta food shops/recipes?

TheBettaBabe

So, my mother accidentally threw out my custom-made betta food yesterday. I got it off of Etsy by the HermiesKitchen shop. I think I want to find other betta food shops to see what's available nowadays. Anyone got any recommendations? I would also like to see any recipes for homemade betta fish foods. I'd like to make both protein and veggie mixes.

cdwag29

Can’t recommend any shops to buy from but here’s a great recipe you can make for yourself. Betas are insectivorous ( I believe) and I’ve heard veggies aren’t super good for them so I’m not sure about feeding a veggie mix as a staple diet.

Beta Gello

What you will need

75-100 fish pellets (make sure they’re a quality brand like Omega, Fluval bug bites, or Northfin)
1-2 teaspoons of dehydrated mysis
1-2 teaspoons of dehydrated daphnia
.50 ml of either Kent Marine’s Zoe or Boyd Vita Chem
1.5-2 teaspoons of treated tap water
1/4 of a package of unflavored gelatin or Locust bean gum
6-8 flakes of dehydrated garlic or a pinch of garlic POWDER (not salt.)

Grind all of the ingredients into a fine powder, taking extra care to grind up the garlic especially well.

Add your vitamin supplement and water and mix it, then let it sit for a half hour to ensure the dry ingredients are thoroughly soaked.
Heat in the microwave until it bubbles, then stir in the gelatin. Add the mixture to a bag or a small container, and go ahead and keep it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.

That's all there is to it! You can cut off small pieces and feed it as often as you wish. You can also experiment with other ingredients (not bloodworm if you are planning on feeding daily though.) Just make sure to keep it frozen when not in use.

The beta treat dial that ZooMed sells is cheap and has both dehydrated mysis and daphina if you're looking for something easy to find.

I found this on another forum, so all credit goes to Shutrfly from My Aquarium Club

TheBettaBabe

Can’t recommend any shops to buy from but here’s a great recipe you can make for yourself. Betas are insectivorous ( I believe) and I’ve heard veggies aren’t super good for them so I’m not sure about feeding a veggie mix as a staple diet.

Beta Gello

What you will need

75-100 fish pellets (make sure they’re a quality brand like Omega, Fluval bug bites, or Northfin)
1-2 teaspoons of dehydrated mysis
1-2 teaspoons of dehydrated daphnia
.50 ml of either Kent Marine’s Zoe or Boyd Vita Chem
1.5-2 teaspoons of treated tap water
1/4 of a package of unflavored gelatin or Locust bean gum
6-8 flakes of dehydrated garlic or a pinch of garlic POWDER (not salt.)

Grind all of the ingredients into a fine powder, taking extra care to grind up the garlic especially well.

Add your vitamin supplement and water and mix it, then let it sit for a half hour to ensure the dry ingredients are thoroughly soaked.
Heat in the microwave until it bubbles, then stir in the gelatin. Add the mixture to a bag or a small container, and go ahead and keep it in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.

That's all there is to it! You can cut off small pieces and feed it as often as you wish. You can also experiment with other ingredients (not bloodworm if you are planning on feeding daily though.) Just make sure to keep it frozen when not in use.

The beta treat dial that ZooMed sells is cheap and has both dehydrated mysis and daphina if you're looking for something easy to find.

I found this on another forum, so all credit goes to Shutrfly from My Aquarium Club
Thank you for the comment! I will definitely try this sometime in the future!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flowingfins
2 3
Replies
Views
NeonTetraMX
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies