Status
Not open for further replies.

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi guys

since I've been keeping guppies I figured it out what is the best hiding place for the fries, once I added some rocks like a small pile, but it seemed that the fries didn't like it so I changed it and added more aquarium plants but you know there are lots of kind of them so I tried some of them and the best ones are the one that I attached the pics,but not the one with the small flowers, they tend to hide better behind the round leaves.
and another way which I found the best it's the mixture of these plants with cockles (it took me some time to find the word in english;D). you can put the cockles between the plants. and lay it like a pile.
they always choose a corner of the tank and it was interesting for me because I tried the other places but they refused to move! so put the cockles pile and plastic plants in one corner they would live happily there!

Bahar

Last edited:

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like your idea, although I'm not sure if the shells affect the water chemistry. I've stayed away from using them because of claims that they raise PH. If I am trying to keep fry safe temporarily I just use a separate birthing tank, or a spawning mop in the bottom, this gives them plenty of hiding places. Another option for a more permanent hiding place is to use the flat round marbles like these
377.jpg

378.jpg

The fry hide in these very well.

OP
free.will77

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
spawning mop what a neat idea. I like it. I don't use breeding tank and don't separate them anymore, because I figured it out that they grow much quicker when they are in the main tank, I myself recognized the signs of coloring and spotting on their fins in 3 days after I added them back in original tank and about my new fries in 2 weeks they have grown more compare with the previous ones.

OP
free.will77

free.will77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thank you, but unfortunately youtube and facebook are filtered by the government, I can't access them. thank you anyway for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 62 65.3%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.9%

Top Bottom