Best Heaters?

Andalvy

I currently have 2 tanks and both have the same issue. The 10 gallon has an aqueon 50w adjustable heater and the 29 gallon has a marine land 100w adjustable heater. Both of these tanks are staying only 2 or 3 degrees higher than the room temperature no matter what they are set on. Is this a case of undersized heaters or bad heaters? What are the best heaters to buy?

WTFish?

Is your home cold? I have a 100w in my 10 gallon and a 50w in my 5 for that reason. Now it’s perfect.

Dsluder

I’m running an Aqueon Pro 150 watt in my 29 gallon tank and it’s on most of the time to maintain 79-80 F in a house that’s usually 68-74 F. Sounds like your 100w may just be a bit underpowered for the 29 depending on what your target tank temp is.
While any brand can produce bum heater units, I’ve had good luck with the Aqueon Pro and Cobalt Aquatics. Fluval and a few others have good reps, too, if you look at the heater threads in the equipment topics.
Good luck.

Andalvy

We keep the house 68-70. Both heaters are set for 78, but both tanks are 72 degrees

dojafish

Yeah in that case you're going to need a bigger watt heater to make up for the 8-10 degree difference in room temperature. I read something about that somewhere but can't remember... I personally don't have to worry because I live in a constant tropical climate.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
5 Gallon Tank It's too wattage huh?
Replies
Views
BirdMom
  • gabray47
  • Heater
Replies
Views
MrMuggles
Replies