Best heater for a 5g? Thermometer?

bumblinBee

I'm in the market for a new heater for my 5g. I've currently got two heaters running in there, and they're still only able to keep the temperature at around 75F. One of the heaters is meant for a 5g, the other for a 10g, and yet here I am.

Things I'm looking for:
-Adjustable temp
-Fully Submersible
-Small
-Cheap? As cheap as I can reasonably get anyway

I normally buy eheim heaters because I think they're the best heaters out there, but their smallest heater is around $40 and add shipping fees and possibly import fees? That's quite a bit of money for heater I can only use in 10g or under tanks.
What do you use in your tanks, what's worked best for you? I'm also looking for an ACCURATE thermometer, the one I'm currently using is off by FIVE degrees.

jkkgron2

I love my Fluval M heaters. They’re adjustable, fully submersible, and look very nice. Only thing is they’re long, so you’d need to make sure it’d fit in a 5g.

Upvote 0

bumblinBee

I love my Fluval M heaters. They’re adjustable, fully submersible, and look very nice. Only thing is they’re long, so you’d need to make sure it’d fit in a 5g.
Thank you for your suggestion! My 5g is the fluval spec V, which is a very long tank, so that works out well. How long have you been using them?

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

I normally buy eheim heaters because I think they're the best heaters out there, but their smallest heater is around $40 and add shipping fees and possibly import fees? That's quite a bit of money for heater I can only use in 10g or under tanks.
What do you use in your tanks, what's worked best for you? I'm also looking for an ACCURATE thermometer, the one I'm currently using is off by FIVE degrees.

I don't know if they ship to Canada, but I ordered a 25 watt Eheim heater from SaltwaterAquarium.com this past October. It was $19.95 plus tax, with free shipping.

Upvote 0

bumblinBee

I don't know if they ship to Canada, but I ordered a 25 watt Eheim heater from SaltwaterAquarium.com this past October. It was $19.95 plus tax, with free shipping.
I'll have to look into it, thank you for for your reply!

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

Thank you for your suggestion! My 5g is the fluval spec V, which is a very long tank, so that works out well. How long have you been using them?
I’ve been using one for about 4 months, one for 1 month and the other for 3 months so I can’t say how they do in the long run, unfortunately. But so far they’ve worked well and the design of the heater is great.

Upvote 0

bumblinBee

I’ve been using one for about 4 months, one for 1 month and the other for 3 months so I can’t say how they do in the long run, unfortunately. But so far they’ve worked well and the design of the heater is great.
Thank you, do you know how long your warranty lasts?

Upvote 0

FernAndJoop

I'm in the market for a new heater for my 5g. I've currently got two heaters running in there, and they're still only able to keep the temperature at around 75F. One of the heaters is meant for a 5g, the other for a 10g, and yet here I am.

Things I'm looking for:
-Adjustable temp
-Fully Submersible
-Small
-Cheap? As cheap as I can reasonably get anyway

I know this post is super old, but if you're still looking for a thermometer I highly recommend the ones from JW! Mine is very accurate (tested in a bowl of ice water) and it is secured using a magnet, so no annoying suction cup that doesn't work.

Upvote 0

bumblinBee

I know this post is super old, but if you're still looking for a thermometer I highly recommend the ones from JW! Mine is very accurate (tested in a bowl of ice water) and it is secured using a magnet, so no annoying suction cup that doesn't work.
Hi there! I'm no longer looking for a heater but I will definitely keep this in mind! May need it for future tanks, so thank you for taking the time to reply!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Mikel88
Replies
Views
Taydee
  • Question
Replies
Views