Best Heater For 2.5 Gallons

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by adh/smile, Apr 16, 2017.

1. adh/smile

adh/smileWell Known MemberMember

Hi!

I have a filtered, but unheated, 2.5 gallon tank with one male betta. The water is always around room temperature ranging from 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit depending on what season it is. But I know bettas need warmer water 75-83 has been recommended but as you can see, all my bettas (I've had 5 over the years) have been in lower temps. I would like to get a heater though. But I don't know what to get. I've done a little research and there are SO MANY options for small "betta-bowel" tanks. Could anyone please direct me on what heater to get please???!!! Thank you

2. OP
    OP
    adh/smile

Another thing, my tank is a seamless hexagon made of a material crossed between glass and plastic. I don't know what the material is called but I'm not sure if that would make a difference in what heater I get.

3. bgclarke

bgclarkeWell Known MemberMember

You likely have an acrylic tank.

Finding a heater for small tanks is a pain.

I've got Aqueon 7.5 and 10 watt fixed temperature heaters in my small tanks.

I would ideally like to have adjustable heaters for them, but they don't seem to exist.

4. OP
    OP
    adh/smile

ACRYLIC! Yes, that's the word. Thank you smarty pants ;) !!!
    I've read reviews on all the small heaters and all in all it's just bad. No adjustables, most have a life span that last only a year, and most don't keep the water at a stable temperature. I've read the heater is CONSTANTLY running even if the water temp gets to the desired warmth. I'm so cunfuddled at what I should do!

5. bgclarke

bgclarkeWell Known MemberMember

Take a look at the Hagen 25 watt adjustable heater.
    Aquatop also makes (or at least did) some adjustable nano heaters.

6. OP
    OP
    adh/smile

Nano heaters are the small heaters right? Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice