Best Heater For 2.5 Gallons

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by adh/smile, Apr 16, 2017.

1. adh/smileWell Known MemberMember

Hi!

I have a filtered, but unheated, 2.5 gallon tank with one male betta. The water is always around room temperature ranging from 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit depending on what season it is. But I know bettas need warmer water 75-83 has been recommended but as you can see, all my bettas (I've had 5 over the years) have been in lower temps. I would like to get a heater though. But I don't know what to get. I've done a little research and there are SO MANY options for small "betta-bowel" tanks. Could anyone please direct me on what heater to get please???!!! Thank you

2. adh/smileWell Known MemberMember

Another thing, my tank is a seamless hexagon made of a material crossed between glass and plastic. I don't know what the material is called but I'm not sure if that would make a difference in what heater I get.

3. bgclarkeWell Known MemberMember

You likely have an acrylic tank.

Finding a heater for small tanks is a pain.

I've got Aqueon 7.5 and 10 watt fixed temperature heaters in my small tanks.

I would ideally like to have adjustable heaters for them, but they don't seem to exist.

4. adh/smileWell Known MemberMember

ACRYLIC! Yes, that's the word. Thank you smarty pants ;) !!!
    I've read reviews on all the small heaters and all in all it's just bad. No adjustables, most have a life span that last only a year, and most don't keep the water at a stable temperature. I've read the heater is CONSTANTLY running even if the water temp gets to the desired warmth. I'm so cunfuddled at what I should do!

5. bgclarkeWell Known MemberMember

Take a look at the Hagen 25 watt adjustable heater.
    Aquatop also makes (or at least did) some adjustable nano heaters.

6. adh/smileWell Known MemberMember

Nano heaters are the small heaters right? Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at them