Best Foods For Newborn Betta Fry?? I'm so Confused.

AquaticQueen

Hello all,
I am researching the best foods for newborn betta fry and I am hearing so many different things. I have heard that BBS is best for newborn but I have also heard it's too big. I have also heard microworms are better because they are small enough for bettas but don't help with growth rate as much as BBS. My LFS does not carry BBS so I would have to buy eggs online but have no idea how to hatch them and when I search for it on Google, nothing comes up.
So, the question is, what is the best food for newborn to 3 week old betta fry?
Thanks, I'm very confused.

Salem

From what I've read baby brine shrimp tends to be the go-to but other foods are things like daphnia, vinegar eels, etc. A lot of the people I see online who breed bettas seriously seem to like to feed different things at different times. For example Simply Betta starts her fry off with vinegar eels, then microworms, then baby brine shrimp, then grindal worms, then moves to gel foods and frozen foods, and finally to pellets. Feeding each food for a few days at a time.

Brine shrimp are fairly straight forward to hatch- if you ever had sea monkeys as a kid or had family that did it's the exact same thing. The only thing with them is that it can be a pain to keep hatching them for a consistent supply as I believe they only last a few days- though I could be wrong. Culturing them is a bit more involved but there are instructions here. Most people I find tend to just stick to hatching them when they need to.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Justdes
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views
Mick Frost
Replies