Best foods for green Severum Question

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Cody6511, Mar 30, 2010.

1. C

Cody6511 Valued Member Member

I have 2 baby green severum, and I have been feeding them flake food three times a day. I have seen that people feed them lettuce and other things as well. What exactly are the best foods to use? should i buy cichlid pellets? they are about 2 inches long as of right now? Thanks!!

:;fg

2. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hi :D

I would cut down your feeding for a start, 3 times a day is quite a lot for little fish.
    I would start to feed twice a day, once in the morning once at night.
    If I were you I would feed them flake food, replace one of their meals with cichlid pellets and then give them some frozen blood worm once a week :)

3. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

I agree about the number of feeding your doing. Cut back to two feeds each day with one fast day a week (no food). No more than they can eat in 3-5mins.

I feed my Sevs Spectrum Cichlids Pellets & HBH 8 Veggie Flake with once weekly feeds of frozen Brine Shrimp or Bloodworms. Make sure you feed some form of vegie flake or fresh veggies like lettuce. Sevs are omnivours but vegtable matter forms the bulk of thier diet.

4. btate617

btate617 Well Known Member Member

I would look for something with spirulina in it.
    HBH 8 veggie flake is a great one like nutter has said.

Brian

5. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Green Severum
    Hello Cody,
    Check out the link above.
    Ken

6. OP
    OP
    C

Cody6511 Valued Member Member

Thanks a million :)

7. pepetj

pepetj Well Known Member Member

x2

Most of my South American Cichlids love Spirulina 20 Flakes, by Aquatrol.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice