Best Food For Oscar Question

Discussion in 'Oscars' started by Ryan Neidinger, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Ryan Neidinger

Ryan NeidingerValued MemberMember

i just adopted an 11 in Oscar the other day. He is active and very friendly. He was mostly fed feeder fish and other live food. He doesn’t like Chiclid pellets and Im trying to get him away from the feeder fish, so what is the best thing to feed him?

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Live crickets are one of the healthiest foods you can feed your fish. You can do earthworms, frozen foods like bloodworms, beefheart, brine shrimp, krill, etc. Good idea going away from feeder fish.

3. OP
    OP
    Ryan Neidinger

I have another Oscar who is about 5-6 inches and he was always fed the right way so it was difficult getting my new guy who was fed with bad habits. Thanks for the advise and I’ll try and see if it works.

4. OP
    OP
    Ryan Neidinger

I just bought 2 ram cichlids and my Oscar just had a pretty expensive meal thanks to his bad eating habits.

5. Mazeus

MazeusWell Known MemberMember

Even if your oscar wasn't used to eating live fish, rams aren't a good choice as tank mates. They would be food for any oscar. Really Oscars are better on their own.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice