Best food for ghosties Question

1. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

Got three of the guys...girls in my betta tank. But my betta is a pig so usually he eats all his food. There is algae in the tank right now so not worried but that won't last forever. Any suggestions on the best food to supplement them with so they stay healthy.

2. Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Ghost shrimp are scavengers, they will eat anything really including Betta poop. If you wanted to supplement you could add the occasional small piece of an algae wafer. Don't use the whole wafer as that is way too much, just break off a crumb size piece. Also maybe a sinking pellet. Another thing you could do would be to soak the betta food in a small dish for 30 minutes so it soaks up water and will sink quickly. Then feed the Betta with normal food on one side of tank, and while hes distracted, pour the water soaked food into the other side of tank so it sinks quickly. The ghost shrimp will find it.

3. Angelbear Well Known Member Member

Thanks. I know they are not the best algae eaters but your limited in a betta tank I figured they would help some. I have some wafers for my other tank and sinking pellets too for that matter so I will remember that.