best food brands? Question

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by dpeipus, Mar 19, 2010.

1. dpeipusNew MemberMember

My guppies don't care for my omega flake food, will eat my sera flake but pick at it. I do feed frozen brimp shrimp and blood worms (love this). I like to feed flake food for their first feeding. I feed twice a day. Would like to hear your idea's for what brand of flakes to use.

2. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

omega one rocks....if they dont eat it, fast them for a few days..they will devour it....omgea one has some great ingredients that arent all fish by products....you are doing well :)

3. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

have u tried Tetra? i feed mine TetraMin and BettaMin, along with frozen brine shrimp and veggies, and the occational algea waffer. all my fish are happy and fat (Howl Jr may be alittle too fat lol its hard putting one fish on a diet with so many others in the tank -sigh-)

4. Elodea

ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

I use Tetramin flakes and Aquarian sinking pellets for my loaches and shrimp. They don't seem to like Hikari algae wafers very much.

Hikari frozen foods (I have bloodworms) are a favorite in any fish, but the all-time best food for smaller fish is...drumroll please...

Mosquito larvae (and adult mosquitoes and eggs, but NEVER feed pupae, they'll choke the fish)! Actually, any small live food would work, and I've heard that brineshrimp are good if you want your fish to grow. Full of carotenes, you know.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  5. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

If you're feeding thawed frozen foods often they may well refuse flakes.
    I feed mostly all Omega One foods.

Agree with shawnie fast them then feed only Omega one foods and they will eat them. Omega One has some really healthy things in their foods.
    carol

6. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

i think i have the ONLY fish who wont eat blood worms! even my betta doesnt like them :eek:

and mine looooove their Hikari sinking wafers. they atack them like its the 1st time they've eaten in years every time :clapping:

i also have the only fish that dont like expensive foods (or so i thought untill this thread was made lol)!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  7. ReiNHerMollies

ReiNHerMolliesNew MemberMember

I use omega one and my fish love it. I haven't used anything else recently either. i use their veggie wafers too. I have the Hikari first bites for my fry but i think they prefer pulverized omega one flakes.

8. ray_sjValued MemberMember

For me, it always takes a few days when introducing new foods to my fish. They get used to the routine with the old food, and find the new food strange. I gradually introduce more and more of the new food over a week. Once they figure out the new stuff is food, they'll go for it.

I mainly use Omega One, alone with some other high quality earthworm and spirulina flakes. All my fish love the Omega One now.

9. shellbell4everWell Known MemberMember

Mine weren't to sure about the hikari sinking wafers at first either but now they fight over it lol I also like omega one brand as well as hikari :) And my ghost shrimp will swim up to the surface for the bloodworms!!! so funny to watch :)

10. Hussain

HussainValued MemberMember

Well, I feed them TetraMin also, and one day a week frozen brine shrimp. The other day some veggies, and sometimes soak the flakes with garlic juice they love it..

11. wonton55912Valued MemberMember

my fish love tetraalgae

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice