Best Fish To Have With Salt And Pepper Cories

Photobelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am cycling a 20 long and planning my fish. I have a pregnant platy and 2 snails in there now. I will not be doing anything with the fry and will wait to see what happens with them before I get fish as well. I do know I want salt and pepper cories. We will prolly keep the platies unless a crazy amount survive and then I will give those away. What does everyone else recommend with these 2 fish? I have been going back and forth between harlequin Rasboras, cherry Barb's, glofish danios and neon tetras. I have also thought a Betta would be pretty but I don't know if I want to chance one with the other fish. I also have thought about shrimp but I am not positive those will be ok with the cories. Any suggestions are welcome! I have black sand, driftwood with anubias and fake plants and decorations. My levels this am were pH 7.8, Ammonia .5, nitrites 0,nitrates between 0-5.i dosed prime and stability for the whole tank.

Attachments

RyRyTheAquariumGuy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Cool tank! Can't wait until we all bug you into doing live plants soon enough LOL! Almost all the fish you are talking about are super friendly and harmless and can live together. Plus they can all live in the same water temp. Only one that may have some fin nipping issues is the danios. Just remember to add very very slowly to give the cycle time to generate larger colonies as the ammonia (fuel for the cycle) increases.

Photobelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
RyRyTheAquariumGuy said:
Cool tank! Can't wait until we all bug you into doing live plants soon enough LOL! Almost all the fish you are talking about are super friendly and harmless and can live together. Plus they can all live in the same water temp. Only one that may have some fin nipping issues is the danios. Just remember to add very very slowly to give the cycle time to generate larger colonies as the ammonia (fuel for the cycle) increases.
Thanks! The Anubis are real I just didn't want to do planted but I liked those so I figured those on driftwood were a good compromise. I like all those fish that's why I'm having trouble deciding lol. I am leaning towards the Rasboras or danios with the cories and shrimp. Plus whatever platies I end up with lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom