Best First Arowana

Betta Genetics
In the next year or so I will be moving houses, and I'm going to purchase a 210 gallon tank, I don't know which arowana is legal and which isn't so I came her I also want to have tank mates if that's possible thank you fort all of their advice.

Betta Gremlin
If you're in the US, Asian arowana are illigal, and the other arowana you can get needs closer to 300 gallons.

Rtessy
Actually, the silver arowana would be fine in a 210 but the Australian arowana would fare better in one. I think they're called jardini. Silvers get 4 feet long and a jardinI get a bit under 40"

Betta Genetics
Actually, the silver arowana would be fine in a 210 but the Australian arowana would fare better in one. I think they're called jardini. Silvers get 4 feet long and a jardinI get a bit under 40"

Do you think I can keep a red tail catfish in their or will I need a bigger tank?

Rtessy
Do you think I can keep a red tail catfish in their or will I need a bigger tank?
That one is going to be a no, sorry. Those guys honestly shouldn't be kept in captivity, but more importantly they get 6, feet long

Betta Genetics
That one is going to be a no, sorry. Those guys honestly shouldn't be kept in captivity, but more importantly they get 6, feet long

Wow that’s impressive do you know any type of catfish I can keep in their

Rtessy
Wow that’s impressive do you know any type of catfish I can keep in their
I don't know about arowana tankmates, but any type of pleco would work, if you get a nice sailfin they get two feet long, so that's interesting. If we're just talking tank size, you could do a school/shoal of eclipse catfish. Raphael, pictus, several species of synodontis, black lancer, and giraffe nosed. Sorry, I don't know too many catfish for larger tanks, I mostly do smaller ones. I know there are probably a whole lot more.

Betta Genetics
I don't know about arowana tankmates, but any type of pleco would work, if you get a nice sailfin they get two feet long, so that's interesting. If we're just talking tank size, you could do a school/shoal of eclipse catfish. Raphael, pictus, several species of synodontis, black lancer, and giraffe nosed. Sorry, I don't know too many catfish for larger tanks, I mostly do smaller ones. I know there are probably a whole lot more.

Hank you I will look into these types of catfish

Is it possible to put a Oscar in the tank with the jardin arowana

Rtessy
Probably not, arowana aren't really good with tankmates, and people don't generally house them with other fish since the arowana is so expensive and another fish could easily take an eye or a barbell, such as an Oscar. Though it is more likely one of them will kill the other, and if the arowana is full grown, there will be a dead Oscar. The king of DIY on YouTube has several arowana and has tried a few tank mates with only one working out, but that's only because he has a 2000 gallon tank now. He did I think silver dollars, but they messed up his arowana before he realized.

LuxuriantTen
Probably not, arowana aren't really good with tankmates, and people don't generally house them with other fish since the arowana is so expensive and another fish could easily take an eye or a barbell, such as an Oscar. Though it is more likely one of them will kill the other, and if the arowana is full grown, there will be a dead Oscar. The king of DIY on YouTube has several arowana and has tried a few tank mates with only one working out, but that's only because he has a 2000 gallon tank now. He did I think silver dollars, but they messed up his arowana before he realized.

He currently has his 3 arowana in his 2000g tank together with 5 stingrays which work well because they stay at the bottom of his huge tank. Such thing won't be possible in a 210g tank I'm afraid.

Rtessy
He currently has his 3 arowana in his 2000g tank together with 5 stingrays which work well because they stay at the bottom of his huge tank. Such thing won't be possible in a 210g tank I'm afraid.
Oh no, did one of them die? I thought there were four...
Sorry to get off topic

LuxuriantTen
Yes unfortunately one died I believe

Rtessy
Yes unfortunately one died I believe
Aw man, that's sad. I haven't seen any of the more recent ones....
But I don't think tank mates for arowanas are the best idea other than some bottom dwellers, so maybe a large pleco could work, but I'm not really sure on that.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
3876T
Replies
Views
SixThreeOh
  • Question
Replies
Views
JB92668