Best Filter For Panda Corydoras

Bubbles123

Reaction score
I m planning to set up a 60L tank (~20 gal) with panda corydoras, a small number about 4 or 6. What is the best type of filter for these fish? Should I go for a canister filter or a small internal would be Ok? I was thinking about using eheim pickup 60.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As long it provides a decent flow.
Pandas like flow / oxygenated / cooler water.

Take at least 6 but better 8 of these awesome fish.

Combine with other cooler water fish and they'll do great.

Warning : When buying be 100% sure they are healthy and active. In case of the slightest doubt : don't get them. There is a lot of overbred bad stock nowadays.

OP
B

Bubbles123

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, I'll keep that in mind. Can I combine them with other corydoras? I was thinking about getting some albinos too.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bubbles123 said:
Thanks for the warning, I'll keep that in mind. Can I combine them with other corydoras? I was thinking about getting some albinos too.
You can combine them but to be honest I like the behaviour of a bigger / decent group of the same species.

Another thing is that Pandas are notorious crossbreeders. I think C.aeneus albino is safe though.

Jonmott

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Make sure you always quarantine new fish, you don’t want to kill off your whole stick of existing fish, I’ve seen it happen first hand unfortunately.

Jonmott

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bubbles123 said:
During quarantine should I treat fish with some medicine/or hydrogen peroxide? How about seachem paraguard?
Some people do it differently but personally I don’t do meds unless I see a reason to, I just keep a close eye on new fish for a few weeks.

OP
B

Bubbles123

Reaction score
And what should I do if they have nipped fins? I know Cory's don't like salt treatment, should I use something else or just do water changes?

New Threads