Best Filter For Betta Fish

CoryMaster151

Hey Everyone.

Hope you are doing well. I have an 20L Betta Fish tank that was quite cheap and I found the filter that came with it is a bit too strong.
My previous betta fish died from multiple things I believe and this was one of the factors that I thought he died off. Too strong current.
I am currently looking at getting this filter as my tank cannot have a hang on filter as the design of the tank doesn't work.
Mini Internal Filters - Aqua One - Inspiring Excellence in Fish Care
I am looking at getting the aqua one 302F mini internal filter. is this any good? I was thinking of putting the spray bar on there as it would make the current not too strong and if it is can I just face the spray bar against the glass. I am trying to set up the tank before I get another betta so it can have a happy fishy life!
We all learn new things in the hobby every time something happens but I just want to make sure that this is right for my future Betta!

Thanks Heaps

BigManAquatics

Don't know much about internal filters like that. I just go straight for sponge filters myself for bettas.

CoryMaster151

Don't know much about internal filters like that. I just go straight for sponge filters myself for bettas.
Thanks for the reply. Will definitely have a look into them!

bcsay720

I usually do HOB filters for mine, but if the intake is too strong, I have to put pantyhose on it. My betta used to like to get his tail stuck in the filter for fun until he realized he could just cut out the middle man and bite his tail himself... either way, I'm sure not all bettas are as self-punishing as mine. I haven't tried a sponge filter, but they do seem the safest out of everything I've heard about them.

nanoist

Sponge filters for sure. The most action they’ll get out of a sponge filter is an amusement park ride with the bubbles, which is much better than damaged and sucked up fins. You can even add an air valve to the air lining to control the intensity of the bubbles and keep the waters more still. They’re also very economical.

CoryMaster151

Thanks for all the replies. how long do sponge filter last? do I have room to add carbon rocks? Thanks Heaps

LHAquatics

Thanks for all the replies. how long do sponge filter last? do I have room to add carbon rocks? Thanks Heaps
You should look at videos from youtube. They taught me a lot and highly recommend their sponge filter videos. They last a for a long time, the problem might be with the air pump. There is no room for carbon rocks because it is only a sponge and an air pump.

Melina1020

There are sponge filters with chamber under the sponge where you can put a different filter media.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sofiafish17
Replies
Views
Fiercebettas
Replies
Views
Sokamix
Replies
Views