Best Filter Brand

Which filter brand do you consider best and why?

• Total voters

Fish_wise_man

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would say the best would be the Aqua clear filter for ME

Mostly because I have been using it for quite sometime now.. but I don't know how it is doing right now because I'm far away from home haha xD

Also, before I left home... I usually do a filter clean, and especially I would replace the water in take tubes, every year or so. usually because I can't get EVERYTHING out. Plus the water stains even though it's soft water.. it still stains.

ccb04

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I voted AquaClear. Love these filters! Little noise, reliable, easy to clean, and options to customize media and performance.

A HOB PF that is somewhat canister-like. I really like the media options and the fact that the water is directed up and through the media. There is also an AquaClear surface skimmer attatchment that skims the waters surface, while also having another mid-level intake.

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TropicalGrimmish said:
does marineland penguin bio wheel 300 make a lot of nose???and is it better than emperer bio wheel??
biowheels just make a very quiet waterfall sound (depending on how far the water level is from the output), otherwise mine is very quiet

Mike19

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
soldieroffortune1974 said:
I only use EheI'm canister filters. My 1st was eheim,and 10 years later,it's still working. I own 4 of them,but I use their design (tore it apart and built my own) You can make your own canister filter for roughly $25,search the DIY section and save yourself a lot of money.

I got a EheI'm canister on my 55gal, it was pricey so it must be ok haha.

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TropicalGrimmish said:
I didnt know that marineland penguin bio wheel 300 allows for extra media?? what other media do ppl put sponge or carbon???
sponge, I don't run any carbon in my tanks unless i'm removing meds, it's such a pain to have to change it every few weeks

Speedy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have to say EheI'm all the way the best filter ever. I have used almost ever type of filter you can think of. I have had mine for 7 years and it is awesome. I recently bought a rena xp2 which is o.k. but I hate the priming and it doesn't keep the tank as clean as the EheI'm but for the price you can't beat it. I only bought it at the time because I didn't have the money for the EheI'm but if I buy another filter it will be another EheI'm for sure. Oh and the way I cut down on the flow is to buy some more output wands for the EheI'm it works great too. So good luck I hope you choose a filter you like. ;D

Regal

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I still think the Marineland Penguin and Emporer should be combined in the voting results.

New Threads