Best fertilizers

Mechanike

Reaction score
Hello. What fertilizers brand did you find out that they are the best? I need liquid carbon and universal fertilizers with all required nutrients for plants.

GlennO

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The availability of different brands can vary by country, what's your location?

OP
Mechanike

Mechanike

Reaction score
GlennO said:
The availability of different brands can vary by country, what's your location?
I can order it online so it’s not a problem. I’m from Lithuania so I can easily order from EU countries, America or China.

GlennO

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok well the most popular brand of liquid carbon is Seachem Excel. I've also used Easy-Life EasyCarbo and it seems to be identical. All-in-one fertilisers tend to be manufactured by smaller companies that vary more by country. Thrive by NilocG is often mentioned by US members. Or ThriveC which also contains liquid carbon. I'm sure that there would be a European equivalent. I buy mine from an Australian company called Liverpool Creek Aquariums.

All of the major brands have nitrate & phosphate free fertilisers since they are more commonly used by the average aquarist and are less risky if misused.

OP
Mechanike

Mechanike

Reaction score
I was using vimi all the time. But it finds out that they are not mostly fertilizers, but just a liquid from household and it was one of the reason why I never saw fry in my aquarium..
GlennO said:
Ok well the most popular brand of liquid carbon is Seachem Excel. I've also used Easy-Life EasyCarbo and it seems to be identical. All-in-one fertilisers tend to be manufactured by smaller companies that vary more by country. Thrive by NilocG is often mentioned by US members. Or ThriveC which also contains liquid carbon. I'm sure that there would be a European equivalent. I buy mine from an Australian company called Liverpool Creek Aquariums.

All of the major brands have nitrate & phosphate free fertilisers since they are more commonly used by the average aquarist and are less risky if misused.

GlennO

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mechanike said:
I was using vimi all the time. But it finds out that they are not mostly fertilizers, but just a liquid from household and it was one of the reason why I never saw fry in my aquarium..
This one?

Looks ok at first glance. How would it affect fry?

OP
Mechanike

Mechanike

Reaction score
GlennO said:
This one?

Looks ok at first glance. How would it affect fry?
No. Accelerator. It smells like whitening liquid. I mean, it smells really awful, something life desinfect liquid or whitening liquid. I have easy life-easy carbo and the smell of it is completely different - easy life didn’t smell awful.
Also, I find out that vimi products encourage algae to appear. I have to clean my aqua glass twice in a week. So i don’t know.

New Threads