Best Dwarf Gourami/kuhli Loach Breeders? Question 

Caroline J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello! So I have a 20 gallon tank in the process of cycling, and I have a bag of sand coming in the mail soon. Of course I’ll have to let my tank finishing cycling, but I wanted to go for a Dwarf Gourami, hopefully around 6 Kuhli Loaches, and a school of neon tetras. However usually my lfs and petsmart/petco don’t carry DG or loaches, plus I don’t exactly trust their care of them, especially with how common that DG disease is. So does anyone know of any trustworthy fish breeders near Louisiana that ship their fish? I’d really appreciate any suggestions!

-Caroline

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My sources say WetSpot is the Dwarf gourami source if you can't find a breeder.
Honestly I am surprised there are no known DG breeders.
They are such a popular fish that some one should get them right and fill the niche.

Caroline J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
coralbandit said:
My sources say WetSpot is the Dwarf gourami source if you can't find a breeder.
Honestly I am surprised there are no known DG breeders.
They are such a popular fish that some one should get them right and fill the niche.
Ah ok thank you so much! I’ll keep looking around but definitely keep that one in mind. Right? Same here, someone better take the spot soon, they’d probably be pretty popular since DG are so lovable.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As for kuhlies, best breeder is the wild. Unfortunately, most captive specimens are wild caught.

Caroline J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
aussieJJDude said:
As for kuhlies, best breeder is the wild. Unfortunately, most captive specimens are wild caught.
Oh really? That’s so interesting, how would I go about doing that?

Amynnas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I got my dwarf honey gouramis from trin's fish and she ships. I've had them now going on a month and they are doing great. she also carries striped kuhli loaches.

Caroline J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Amynnas said:
I got my dwarf honey gouramis from trin's fish and she ships. I've had them now going on a month and they are doing great. she also carries striped kuhli loaches.
Ooh ok I’ll check them out. Thank you so much!

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Caroline J said:
Oh really? That’s so interesting, how would I go about doing that?
Yeah. The ones that have bred their kuhlies in captivity seems mostly to be on accident.... So good conditions, and numerous places to hide - and if lucky once they do spawn, the eggs/fry dont end up as a snack for the fish.

Caroline J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
aussieJJDude said:
Yeah. The ones that have bred their kuhlies in captivity seems mostly to be on accident.... So good conditions, and numerous places to hide - and if lucky once they do spawn, the eggs/fry dont end up as a snack for the fish.
I’ll definitely keep that in mind, thank you! That’s true, I believe one of the main breeders I was looking at had their Kuhli loaches marked as “wild.”

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom