Best Decor For 20 Gallon Community Tank

cgittelm1

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
FlipFlopFishFlake38 said:
Best decor IMO is driftwood, rock structures (you can design your cave with rocks in any way you want) and live plants. Do you intend to add more neons?
Yes, I'm planning on adding a few more. Do you have any other suggestions as to fellow tank mates?

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
cgittelm1 said:
Yes, I'm planning on adding a few more. Do you have any other suggestions as to fellow tank mates?
What temperature is the tank at? Is it a 20 gallon long or high? And do you have gravel or sand?
(sorry for all of the questions, I like to know more of the tank specifics before recommending fish. I am assuming its cycled?)

cgittelm1

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What temperature is the tank at? Is it a 20 gallon long or high? And do you have gravel or sand?
(sorry for all of the questions, I like to know more of the tank specifics before recommending fish. I am assuming its cycled?)
No worries! I appreciate your advice! The tank is cycled, the temp is currently 76 (have a heater), it's a 20 gallon high and I'm using gravel.

cgittelm1 said:
No worries! I appreciate your advice! The tank is cycled, the temp is currently 76 (have a heater), it's a 20 gallon high and I'm using gravel.
Ugh sorry 20 gallon long** not high

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well with a 20 gallon long you have a lot more options than a 20 high, so that's good. You could add a pair (or a single) of bolivian rams or some ghost shrimp as bottom dwellers. Another cool fish option you could do is ember tetras, their color and appearance just looks great with neons. You could add cherry barbs with the fish as well, or possibly a dwarf gourami.

Obviously you can't put all of these together, these were just a few options that came to mind first and are commonly available. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

cgittelm1

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well with a 20 gallon long you have a lot more options than a 20 high, so that's good. You could add a pair (or a single) of bolivian rams or some ghost shrimp as bottom dwellers. Another cool fish option you could do is ember tetras, their color and appearance just looks great with neons. You could add cherry barbs with the fish as well, or possibly a dwarf gourami.

Obviously you can't put all of these together, these were just a few options that came to mind first and are commonly available. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Thank you! I appreciate your advice!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom