Best cory cats for -20gallon tank

Aquaticguy

Hi. Right now my favorite fish in the hobby are the Corydoras. I have bronze corys and I the future planning on getting a 25 gallon for another species of corydoras. What are the best Corydoras for a 20 gallon and less? I currently have 4 bronze corydoras in my 16 gallon tank, which I will upgrade in the future to a 30 gallon. Though im not considering to upgrade now. What are the best corydoras for my tank??

Ouse

That is a question with several possible answers.

Simply due to the size: I'll say pygmy cories. These cories swim in all levels of the water column, too.

Coradee

Peppered corys are on the smaller side too
Peppered corys C.paleatus are one of the bigger cory species, you may be mistaking them for C.habrosus aka salt & pepper which are one of the dwarf species.

WRWAquarium

Ahh thanks for that

Aquaticguy

Would a 24"x12" be okay for a school of pandas, or bronze?

Motherlovebetta

I would do a 20g Long if you could swing it instead of tall. My pandas really use the bottom of the tank so I’m sure they would appreciate a bigger footprint. I would stick with pandas over bronze in a 20g, but that’s just me.
Peppered corys C.paleatus are one of the bigger cory species, you may be mistaking them for C.habrosus aka salt & pepper which are one of the dwarf species.
I have c. Habrosus in my 30g and they are a delight! They don’t get very big either so you could have a larger school of them and I’m sure they would be super happy. Idk if there is any truth to it or not, but my LFS says they are more hardy than pandas.

DoubleDutch

My experience is that bronze are quite hardy to all kind of waterparameters. Where I had issues with the dwarfs (i hate this title) and Pandas in such tanks I never had with bronze. Even kept 12 or so in such a tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ruud
  • Question
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
  • Question
Replies
Views
Oriongal