Best Cories for 20 L with Neons

ty lawrence

I have 3 neons and need to slowly add to their school so I'm aiming for up to 8. The tank has been running several years, and the neons have been in residence about 4 months. It is moderately planted with real and fake plants. I would like to add some cories. Is there a species preference for this size tank and the neons? Also how many would fit with that stocking as I understand they like to have friends. I used to have pygmies, which I love, but they are harder to get here. Thanks.

BigManAquatics

Should be able to easily do 6-8 of most cories out there.

Upvote 0

MyFishAddiction

20 long or 20 liter?

Upvote 0

JettsPapa

20 long or 20 liter?

I assume it's a 20 gallon long.

I have 3 neons and need to slowly add to their school so I'm aiming for up to 8. The tank has been running several years, and the neons have been in residence about 4 months. It is moderately planted with real and fake plants. I would like to add some cories. Is there a species preference for this size tank and the neons? Also how many would fit with that stocking as I understand they like to have friends. I used to have pygmies, which I love, but they are harder to get here. Thanks.

I wouldn't do bronze, because they get larger than many other species, but any of the smaller ones should be fine. You mentioned Corydoras pygmaeus, and that would be a great choice, but if they're difficult to find then Corydoras panda, Corydoras hastatus, Corydoras habrosus, and other similar sized species would be fine.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Aquaholic
  • Question
Replies
Views
EdieBadedie
Replies
Views