Best Color Gravel?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Jai, Apr 6, 2006.

1. JaiValued MemberMember

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  2. dahlyValued MemberMember

I like basic colors. I have black gravel in my Tetra tank, with a small bag of orange gravel my 9 year old wanted and I wish wasn't there. I have "salt and pepper" cichlid sand in my multi tank that I love. And I have regular pea gravel in my 10 gallon, which looks good too.

3. CraigWell Known MemberMember

in my new set up i hav like silver black and royal blue as my gravel it looks well!!!

;D C W

4. huneebeeNew MemberMember

I like more natural colors for larger tanks. I have brownish gravel in my 20 gal, mostly because I didn't want the other colors they had, and it was the only color in that size bag. But, in my betta tank, 2.5 gal, I had the neon gravel and neon plants and decor.

5. paul_219New MemberMember

i have a blue color gravel. its awsome

6. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

my 10 gallon at home's gravel is blue, green, and purple. it all came in a bag, I didnt mix it.
    the 30 gallon at the dentist has royal blue with white mixed in.
    I like natural gravel best though :-\

7. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I agree that natural gravel looks best, I have light brown gravel in my 10g and I think I will put black in my new tank that I will hopefully get soon. ;)

8. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

NATURAL-COLORED GRAVEL IS BEST LOOKING TO ME AS WELL. PERIOD. LOL :) After all, isn't that why we set up a tank - to have a "piece of nature" at our own homes?

9. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

My tanks have the Red Fluorite in it so I don't really have gravel at all, but it does have a natural look to it. Noel's tank does have a little red gravel mixed in and it gives the Fluorite a rather neat look to it. I will say that the Fluorite does take a lot of washing to make it habitable for the fish and I mean a LOT of washing. (otherwise the water becomes quite muddy)

Rose
    :)

10. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

11. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Chickadee, what's Red Fluorite??

12. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

13. GwenzWell Known MemberMember

My 15g tank has brown/natural colored gravel. I think this looks best.
    I've read that if the tank is to colorful or to bright it can stress out the fish. Is this true?

Gwenz

14. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

If it is like bright neon pink or something like that, yes it can stress out the fish. So if you like garishly bright colors, you should mix it with black or something.

15. batattackValued MemberMember

I like black and red mixed when the light shines off it look really cool

16. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Bright colored gravel is stressful. That's like having walls painted bright pink or neon green...yikes! :eek: Some fish prefer darker gravel than others...tetras will show off their colors best with black gravel.

17. dano569Valued MemberMember

i have dark green in my mbuna,and my tetra tank,and black and white mixed in my south american tank.

18. batattackValued MemberMember

Well my gravel is not bright

19. Joe GValued MemberMember

I have black gravel , with bright red and green rocks

20. inariWell Known MemberMember

I actually like the natural colors I think it makes the fish more at home

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice