Best canister filter for 200 gallon pond?

aidanfish2002

So I was looking at some canisters on Amazon and I can't seem to find the right one for my 200 gallon pond. It's more of a tub but it has been decorated with plants and rocks to appear as a raised up pond. I need a canister filter that can handle a 200 gallon pond with ease and I have no experience with canister filters so I don't know which one to purchase. If recommendations could be kept around $150 that would be great.

bentaz

You should just build one, look up diy pond filter on YouTube and you will find 1000s of variations from super basic and dirt cheap to mega technical and expensive to build.
Watch a heap of videos and then pick a design that fits you budget and diy skill level.
You could either save a stack of that $150 Or end up with a heap better filter.

John58ford

The "bucket" filter is one of the best options for most pond installations unless you*need* the filter to be below the pond. Many varieties are or there, I might even try a high rate for just water polishing, and one with a lower turnover fill of biological bed material separately.

saltwater60

What are you planning to do with your pond. I agree making a filter for a pond is easy. I have a big pond and I just use plants and a stream bed as my filter. Lots of options. Don’t spend too much money it’s not worth it.

aidanfish2002

bentaz said:
You should just build one, look up diy pond filter on YouTube and you will find 1000s of variations from super basic and dirt cheap to mega technical and expensive to build.
Watch a heap of videos and then pick a design that fits you budget and diy skill level.
You could either save a stack of that $150 Or end up with a heap better filter.
I found a good one on Amazon that has great reviews and pumps 1600 gallons an hour. Its about $75. Steal?

bentaz

No idea if its a steal mate, butfor 75 bucks you can build a heaps better one.

Latest threads

Top Bottom