Best brand of food for goldfish?

fallonrhea

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am currently feeding aqueon sinking granules. I wanted to know if there is a known food that is going to be the best food possible for different kinds of goldfish? I have a black moor, oranda, butterfly and normal fancy tail goldfish.

Bijou88

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don't have any experience with goldies but my other fish absolutely love omega one brand foods, they have whole ingredients which is a bonus so they're nutritious too.

Nickdrummer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Tetrafin for Goldfish is what I used! Flakes and floating pebbles along with occasional treats

Shahbazin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I started out using Aqueon pellets, but now I'm feeding the sinking pellets for Omega One Goldfish, Hikari Lionhead, & Omega One Super Veggie (kelp without the mess), plus I feed dried seaweed on a clip (I use Omega One brand, but I know others use other sources as well). I've heard a lot of good things about homemade gel food & Repashy gel, but haven't tried them.

happygolucky

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I hear a lot about Repashy Soilent Green, and it looks to be great for goldfish. It's a gel food, meaning it won't give your fish buoyancy issues, and it lasts for quite awhile (also has some of the best ingredients and has great nutritional value). However, you do have to prepare it, and it is not exactly cheap.

Keep in mind, goldfish should not be fed flakes. Pellets are good, but it is best if you soak them.

aHumanBeing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've been using New Life Spectrum +A for my Goldies for about 2 years. Then mixed in NLS Goldfish Formula and NLS Algae Max. They are all fantastic food, they sink quick and very good in terms of their nutritional value. They are mostly krill or algae depending on what you get. The +A has more Garlic which can help fight off parasites.

As for other foods I use Repashi Soilent Green which is a great Gel Food and it's pretty cheap to make. Add the right amount of powder vs water, microwave and let sit...then feed, it's super easy. The helping you make lasts about 2 weeks and the fish love it.

I feed a few other things but they are mostly treats, the above is the norm.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom