Best Bottom Feeder To Keep With Angelfish Question 

vict0r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my angelfish doesn't really like any food once its hit the ground so I was thinking about gettign a very small bottom feeder or algae eater to clean up alitttle, I'm runnning a pretty small tank 20gal so feel free to just say none if that's how you feel but yeah lemme know what you guys think thanks in advance

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is the Angel the only fish in the tank?

vict0r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes platy Ben other than some new live plants lol thanks for the Quick responcÉ

Yes Ben

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A small school of corries (like 4) may be ok. A small pleco like a bristle nose or other variety under 5" could work too.

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would say Corys, a group of 4, or a group of 6 pygmy corys would do the job you want wonderfully.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I say cories also
there are also ottocinclus catfish but you need to have an established tank for them but they are very hard workers

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
platy ben said:
I would say Corys, a group of 4, or a group of 6 pygmy corys would do the job you want wonderfully.
My understanding is that if pygmy cories are in that small of a group, they can actually die. They need larger schools to live.. I think I have read at least 10.

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
snails work well in a small tank but they breed like crazy. I have trumpet snails.

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If you want o go with snails I recommended nerite snails because they can't breed in fresh water.

flyin-lowe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You will love having some corries in the bottom of the tank. They are really cool fish. You can get a few different species and they will still hang out together.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Meenu said:
My understanding is that if pygmy cories are in that small of a group, they can actually die. They need larger schools to live.. I think I have read at least 10.
I respectfully disagree Anything over three is good and in a tank that size you could have more if you like but don't really feel 10 is necessary.
Carol

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would go with cories, bn pleco and otos will spend more time on the glass but the corys will be constantly rooting out and picking out any uneaten food before it can start going foul. my local petsmart has a sale on cories right now, I bought a handful of peppered and albinos today for about 1.50 each, so if you have a petsmart nearby you might want to check.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads