Best Betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Zerologist, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Zerologist

ZerologistWell Known MemberMember

Hi there betta-lovers! I'm planning to get a betta for my 7.5g. What kind of betta do you suggest according to your experiences? And what do you think is the best looking betta?

Please add photos... Thanks in advance!

2. Tyler Fishman

Tyler FishmanValued MemberMember

I've never owned an elephant ear half moon, But they are pretty stunning, along with dragon scale Bettas

3. PythonTheBetta

PythonTheBettaValued MemberMember

avoid rose tails. they are genetically not healthy and prone to fin biting

4. Tyler Fishman

Tyler FishmanValued MemberMember

I've never owned an elephant ear half moon, But they are pretty stunning, along with dragon scale Bettas

5. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Spadetails and deltas!

6. Jnx

JnxValued MemberMember

I love plakats, personally.

7. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylahWell Known MemberMember

I have an elephant ear halfmoon, it's personally favourite type of betta because the pectoral fins are stunning.

8. CaptByMoonlight

CaptByMoonlightNew MemberMember

Haha everyone seems to have their favorite :) personality is what I look for when I go betta hunting.

Although my betta would be angry if I didn't say crown tails are the best so haha!

9. justinmo

justinmoValued MemberMember

I would avoid both rose tails and double tails. Double tails tend to have more health issues because of the fins, also because of their shorter body they are more prone to SBD. Rose tails can have lots of problems relating to their huge fins and also can suffer from their rays collapsing.

10. KaderTheAnt

KaderTheAntWell Known MemberMember

My favorite (probably because he was my first) is a probably plakats. They're very active due to their low amounts of finnage. I'd avoid double tails as well as rose tails. As stated before, they're prone to fin biting and double tails seem more prone to having swim bladder disease

11. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylahWell Known MemberMember

This makes me feel sad that people are still breeding these fish because money is their only concern.

12. iamclaire

iamclaireValued MemberMember

Plakats, being less inbred, are less prone to disease and without the ultra long fins, not as likely to develop fin rot due to a snag or scrape as would a rose tail or other long flowing fin types.